A Royal Tale Garroth x Reader

(I don't have a creative title) Heya! This is a oneshot I wrote for Melody on AMA as she was the winner of a challenge I hosted!

Garroth's POV

After Aphmau and Katelyn walked off, I began to worry even more. What if they were banished? I'd never get to see them again. I'd never get to see Aphmau again. Stressed, I ran a hand through my hair and blew out a breath. I needed to calm down.

"Calm down, Garroth. It's fine," I said to myself.

"You know, you don't need to calm down. It's only human to panic and worry," said a familiar voice.

I turned around to see Princess Y/N, someone I had know for years and had become close with.

"Oh, Y/N, it's good to see you again,"

"You as well, Gar Gar," she replied with a giggle.

"You're still going to use that nickname?"

"Yep! Besides, it's fun seeing you get flustered when I use it around others,"

I felt a bit of heat rise to my face and Y/N giggled.

"You really know how to get to me," I replied, smiling.

"I do, don't I? Anyway, I'm going to go talk to Ethan," she replied.

I watched her walk off and, as I did so, felt an odd feeling in my stomach. It felt good but I quickly reminded myself that it was my imagination. I only felt that way because I was thinking of Aphmau. Yeah...

"Don't deny your feelings, son," said my father, suddenly returning.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You like Princess Y/N, it's quite obvious,"

"Uh, no I don't,"

"I can see it in your eyes, son. Here. You know what to do with this,"

My father handed me a small box then walked off. I stared at the box for a long moment, knowing what it held. 'Do I really feel that way about Y/N?' I thought and immediately knew the answer.

~time skip~

Y/N's POV

Garroth had asked me to meet him somewhere before sunset and, of course, I did. Garroth arrived soon after I did and he looked kind of nervous.

"Hello, Y/N. You look lovely today," Garroth said.

"Thank you, Garroth. You look quite handsome yourself," I replied with a small giggle.

"Heh, thanks,"

"So, why did you want me to meet you here?"

"Close your eyes,"

"Okay...?" I replied, confused, and closed my eyes.

"Okay, you can open them now," Garroth said after a moment.

I did so and, to my surprise, Garroth was down on one knee in front of me. Gently, he took my hand in his.

"Princess Y/N L/N, you're more special to me than you could ever know. We've known each other for most of our lives and I don't want to spend another second without you. Whenever you're near, my heart longs for you and whenever you're far, I can't stop thinking about you. Please, make my dreams come true and marry me," Garroth proposed.

My free hand flew to my mouth and tears sprung to my eyes as he took out a box. He opened it and inside was the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen. The band was silver and gold interwoven with two stones, one blue and one pink, set in the middle to form a heart.

"Garroth...yes. Of course I'll marry you," I replied.

Garroth slid the ring onto my finger then stood and brought me close for a sweet kiss. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined this day happening. When the kiss ended, the two of us watched the sunset as Garroth held me in his arms.