I Can't Leave You Part 2

Malachi's pov

The smoke began to seep from the air, into my lungs and caused my eyes to water. I began to cough as the smoke was filling my lungs and I slid down against the door, onto the ground. This was it. I was going to die here. In the burning capitol building after trying to save Levin but failing. I doubted anyone would have come in after us. It was too dangerous with the walls collapsing all around. I was wrong with that guess. "Malachi! Are you alright? We need to get out of here!" Garroth said, running over to me. "I'm fine and I'm not leaving without Levin." I said, getting up. "Well, where is Levin?" he asked. I pointed to the door and was about to explain that it was stuck when Garroth broke it. I was surprised bit quickly got over it and hurried into the room. Levin was laying on the ground, his eyes shut, and I knelt next to him and checked to see if he had a pulse. He did. I then scooped him up off the ground and carried him out of the burning building, Garroth following me. When we arrived outside the capitol building, a guard took Levin from me so he could get help from a doctor. I had no doubt that Levin was going to be okay and I was glad.