Chapter One

Skylar's POV

"Cole!" I yelled down the hall at my brother. He had borrowed my guitar again. He never asks anymore and I always have to hassle him to get it back.

I'm Skylar Pendery and my brother Cole is in a boyband called IM5, they aren't that big, but its kind of annoying how he has to go to all of these meetings for it. He also hasn't even introduced the rest of the band yet, he said that it would be weird to have his bandmates and sister hang out together, but mum somehow convinced him to invite them over for dinner and to spend the night. Mum also said i could have shay over as well because it might be weird for me to be alone with all of Cole's friends. So today's the day i get to finally meet them.

I found cole in his room getting his hair ready. "Did you take my guitar?" Cole fiddled with his hair for another second then looked back at me "uhh, ya i think its over there." He seemed kinda rushed an frantic, he turn around and pointed to the corner of his room where my guitar was. "Thanks." I picked up my guitar and went to go to my room when Cole stopped me again, "Hey Sky, is Shay coming over tonight ?" "Ya, why?" Since when did he care about my plans "Just wondering" he looked a little nervous. What was with him today.

I went back to my room to change, i was still in my pyjamas. I put my guitar away and picked out a pair of black jeans that had this slight shine to them, an old Green Day T-shirt my dad had gotten for me, and my black and green hoodie. I applied my eye liner to my water line, used a little mascara, and straightened my hair.

I was running over some lyrics for a song that I was working on with Shay when the doorbell rang. I went to the top of the stairs to see who it was, Cole ran by me, and not to my surprise it was the band. I watched as they walked in, there was a tall Asian one, another tall one, but he was more on the tanish side and he had a batman t-shirt on, he was followed by a short one with a black SnapBack that said IM5 .

Three. There were three that had walked in, but i thought that there was five members of the band. I walked downstairs and stood beside Cole.
"Oh hey! Guy's this is Skylar, Skylar this is Dana," he pointed to the SnapBack boy "Will," he turned to the Asian one, "and Gabe." He turned to the tan one. "Where's Dalton?" Cole asked he seemed annoyed "he's running late you know how he can be getting ready and stuff." Cole nodded " well do you guys want to go play some air hockey?" They all smiled in agreement and went out to the garage that my dad had made into a rec. room.

I sat at the counter in our kitchen and waited for Shay to arrive. I had one earbud in and was listening to king for a day by Pierce The Veil when i heard the doorbell. I went to the door and opened it expecting Shay except it wasn't Shay. It was a guy. A hot guy. "Hi! Im Dalton, you must be Skylar." Dalton stuck out his hand to shake mine. "Oh hi. Ya I'm Skylar. The rest of the boys are out back, I'll show you ." I walked dalton out to the garage and went back inside just in time to hear Shay walking in (we are so close she never really knocks anymore). "Hey Sky, did you finally meet the band?" I was sorta daydreaming when i answered "uh, ya. Ya i did." I looked up at her "do they seem alright?" "I honestly didn't really talk to them much but they seemed nice." "Cool can we go hang out with them?" Shay seemed really eager. "Sure." I said.

We went into the rec. room and i saw Dana and Will playing Air hockey, Gabe was on his phone, probably texting and Dalton and Cole were playing some X-Box. I went and sat on the couch next to dalton since cole was on the floor and Shay sat at my feet on the floor next to Cole.

I unlocked my phone and went back to looking over the lyrics i had added "do you like these Shay?" I handed her my phone and as she read them she smiled "ya these are awesome Sky! We are almost done!" As she handed me back my phone i felt Dalton looking at me so i looked up at him "whats almost done?" He asked "oh just a song we were working on, nothing special really" i tried to shake it off as nothing i really didn't like singing in front of people i didn't know. "Oh, alright." Dalton smiled then looked back at the TV with a blank expression on his face. He was an odd person but i liked him, he was interesting.

We continued to hang out in the rec. room for about another two hours which consisted of me beating both Cole and Will in air hockey, Shay nearly breaking the coffee table as a result of Cole tripped her, and lots of awkward eye contact with Dalton throughout the afternoon. Eventually my mum called us in for dinner and we all walked inside to eat.

My mum had ordered pizza and afterwards we all went back to the rec. room to watch movies. I ended up sitting in between Dalton and shay, who was leaning her head on Cole's shoulder. Why is he being so friendly to her he usually ignores my friends. I continued to watch the movie and found myself getting really sleepy. I looked up to see Dalton staring at me "what?" I asked "oh, nothing you just look really tired." He looked down again "well, i am actually, so that's probably why." I said awkwardly "you can, um, you can lean on my shoulder if you want." Dalton looked back at the tv screen. It felt kinda awkward but i leaned my head down and rested it on his shoulder.

I woke up still leaning on Dalton but i didn't hear anyone else. I took a quick look around the room and there wasn't anyone there. I looked at Dalton, he was asleep. I pulled out my phone and texted Shay 'where are you guys?' My phone beeped when she responded i made sure to silent it so i wouldn't wake up Dalton. 'We are inside!...... How's Dalton' i looked over to him 'fine..why did you leave me alone with him?!' I was a little mad that they left me here and didn't think to wake me up. 'You guys looked so cute, and you were both asleep, we thought we would let you rest. Don't be mad about it.' I put my phone down and looked back at Dalton, he looked kinda cute when he was sleeping. He started to move so i quickly closed my eyes and pretended to still be asleep. I felt Dalton turn and i just stayed like that for awhile and when i finally opened my eyes i caught him staring at me. "Hey." "Hi. Were you just staring at me." Dalton looked back down at his lap. "Ugh, no i was just, you were just sleeping and then i woke up and i was looking to see if you were up and then you opened your eyes and then you saw me and i just, sorry." He was babbling, majorly. "it's ok." I laughed. He was so cute when he mumbled. "Do you want to go inside now?" He said it so quietly. "Sure" i smiled at him, and walked inside. It was awkward walking in together like that, but we got over it and joined the others at the kitchen table.