Chapter 7

I woke up in Alex's hotel room, and I smiled as I looked up at him. I sat up, and stretched. He was still asleep, quietly snoring. It wasn't an annoying snore, it was cute. I watched him for a while, and then the alarm started beeping. It was then that Alex awoke, and he smiled as he looked down at me. 

We got up and got ready for work, and then we left the hotel and walked to the hospital together. In the locker room, I noticed tension between George and Meredith. It seemed that Izzie, Alex and Cristina noticed it too. 

"He probably caught Mer doing Derek or Mark." Alex guessed. I laughed, but only to myself. 

Afterward, I went and checked on which service I was on. Everyday I hoped for trauma, and usually, trauma is what I got. But today, I was on ortho. I looked at the resident, and it was one I'd never met before. Her or His name was Doctor Torres. 

I went to go find her, and she was already popping someone's dislocated shoulder into their socket. She was definitely Hispanic, she had long, wavy black hair with a fringe, and she was kind of curvy, but she was very attractive. 

"Doctor Torres?" I asked, and she looked up and nodded, then grinned. 

"I presume you're my intern for the day. We've got a hell of a case today, come on, Doctor...?" she said happily. 

"It's Doctor Sloan." I said, and she nodded again. 

"Right, come on. Wait, you're not squeamish are you?" she checked.

"I'm a surgeon?" I answered, and she laughed. She led me into a room, where a guy with all of his limbs broken, and probably a lot more injuries sat, looking a tad anxious. 

"This is Ricky Callahan. Fell down several flights of stairs. Today, we fix him." Doctor Torres presented. I nodded. 

We left the room, and then Doctor Torres gave me a chart to fill in. I filled it in, and then brought the completed chart back to her. 

"Hey, Sloan, wanna come check this X-Ray out with me?" she asked, and I nodded. I chatted to Doctor Torres whilst we looked at the X-Rays. Doctor Torres became Callie, and I became Maia to her. I liked Callie, she made me laugh and she was kind. She also seemed a bit of a badass, and I liked that in her. 

After we checked out the X-Rays, I was paged 911 by Addison. I rushed to where she paged me, thinking something horrible had happened. 

Instead, she was in a sectioned off room with Doctor Bailey, and she was crying uncontrollably on an examination table. Doctor Bailey was staring at me as I entered.

"I heard you were close to Doctor Montgomery-Shepherd, I thought that maybe you could calm her down?" Doctor Bailey sounded desperate. 

Addison was most definitely having an emotional breakdown on the table. I noticed she also had her legs spread, which was giving Doctor Bailey and I a full-frontal view of her vajayjay. 

"What happened to her?" I asked my resident, who just lactated, which caused me to burst out into peals of laughter. 

"She has an extremely bad case of poison oak. And she just made me lactate everywhere." Doctor Bailey explained. 

I climbed onto the examination table next to Addie, and I wrapped my arms around her. I could remember that she liked being comforted like this, so I soothed her, whilst biting down my lip so hard that I made myself bleed, because I was dying not to laugh. 

Derek eventually came, and he too, burst out laughing when he saw Addison. Addison started giggling too after a while, and I got up and left the room. I wanted to give Addison and Derek their moment.