Chapter Four: Dinner

"You have amazingly passed all my ghostly tests." Lance complimented, pulling out a chair for Keith to sit in as he made his way to his own chair.

   Keith sat down, smiling at Lance who had to simply slide over to be seated.

The both of them stared at each other, just about lost in each other's eyes. The blue was the only non pale color on the ghost. While everything else was a simple fading gas like form.

   Keith could make out nicely that Lance was dark skinned, with even darker hair. The look was amazing, and it suited him nicely.

   "If it's okay with you, what happened here? With your family I mean...." Keith asked, picking up a piece of bread on his plate.

   Lance smiled, then sighed.

   "I remember that like it happened Yesterday, and normally I don't remember things that happened yesterday," he chuckled, then gazed at Keiths' plate, "you see, my family was full of psychopaths. They were all over the place. So was I! I was the arsonist. I had a love for burning down my own houses...but anyway..."

   Lance leaned forward on the table, everything so quiet all you could hear was the soft winds that came by through the small cracks and openings in the rundown home.

   "We all went on a road trip together, my mother, drove into a gas station. Ever heard of "The Family Explosion?" It's been going around for a while. If so, that's what it was. She killed everyone, my brothers, my sisters, my father, everybody was dead. So I come here, to lounge around, and scare people off."

A suicidal mother, and as arsonist as the son. What was the father?

"You were an arsonist, your mother was a suicida maniac, what was your father?"

"Oh good ol' father loved the screams of other people, so he killed. He killed many. He didn't kill us because we helped with the number of distressed screams that filled his ears. He tortured many, for a total of two hours before he finished them off."

Keith didn't know what to say, his family was full of killers! He thought the psychopaths description of his family was an over exaggeration!

"Wow..."

"I know, pretty screwed up," Lance laughed, then got up from his chair, "I remember the one time I burned down my own school. Fire was my best friend."

Lance started to give off a slightly eerie vibe...he sat next to Keith.

"Enough about me, what about you? You've lived longer than me. What's college like?"

"College huh? It really depends on what your personality is. However, no matter what, college is a somewhat nice experience."

Lance was intrigued, so he started to ask more questions. He started to like Keith more he more they talked.

Keith just couldn't shake off how this guy, was an arsonist, that lived with pure psychopaths.