Chapter Nine; James

Keith and James talked the entire evening. Clouds rolled in, and it began to pour down raining. The windows covered in water drops in the matter of seconds.

Sidewalks drenched, puddles already forming and small streams that formed along the sidewalks ran on and on.

"Oh wow, it's coming down..." Keith stared out the window from his kitchen, James was still seated on the couch.

"I don't have a car or anything..." James said, nervously looking down at the glass cup he had been holding onto for the passed six hours.

   "I told you, you can spend the night here, pick a room." Keith smiled, though he was nervous. Lance still hadn't shown up all day.

   It has almost been twenty four hours. He suddenly remembered the crashing he had heard this morning.

   "James, I'll be back. You sit tight alright?" Keith walked up the stairs, and the second he got out of view, James stood up.

   "So this is what it's like to have a body again." He said, a sick smirk plastered on his face as he put his hands up to his cheeks. "Even though he had no idea who you were, he still helped you out. What a sweet boy he is...a pure heart indeed."

James looked out the window, "Me and him will be together forever in no time!" He took a sip from the cup. Then let out a sigh, a lovesick sigh.

- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -

   Meanwhile, Keith was searching to seek out what had fallen earlier.

   "Hello? Lance?" Keith whispered as quiet as he possibly could. He walked into his miscellaneous room, and saw that a box had fallen. Keith peeked inside of it, and saw nothing was missing from it.

   "Is it possible he can leave this house...? I haven't seen him in almost a day..." Keith looked some more. Hopefully he would find a note, something that Lance possibly left behind.

   He did find a knife behind Keith's stacked boxes, then shreds of paper.

   "What in the...?" Keith picked them up, turning the pieces over, a lot of the letters he couldn't make out. Only a few letters were legible; T, Y, and K.

   The letter was not so obvious to solve, and Keith kept those in his pants pocket.

   He got up and left that room, shutting it behind him. "James? You can pick a room, any room." Keith called, signaling to James that it was fine for him to come up the stairs.

   When James came up the stairs, he was clenching the cup Keith gave him.

   "You heard the thunder? It's getting closer and closer by the minute." He stated, gesturing to the closest window, "I'll choose this room over here." James pointed to a door across from Keith's room, and next to the bathroom.

  "Okay, make yourself comfortable, talk to me if you need anything. Good night." Keith walked into his room, then shut the door.

   James smiled at Keith's shut door, then entered the room he claimed. He could sense Keith's worry.

He shut the door, set the cup down on an end table that was set at the foot of the bed. James walked up to the mirror in the room, and touched his face.

   "I'm so excited!" James clapped his hands together, then let out an deep, menacing cackle.

   Keith didn't hear it, he was halfway out his window, trying to see if Lance was anywhere nearby.