Chapter Five: A Suicide Attempt

Keith felt strange as he sat in his room alone. It was cold, very cold.

He didn't have any electricity yet, that was true. However, it's only a mere stable sixty degrees outside the house.

   Why does Keith feel like his insides are freezing, and trying to suffocate him? The freeze was slowly traveling down to his legs.

So he was unable to walk anywhere.

   "This is da—"

   His words wouldn't come out his mouth either, his words were only his thoughts. He found it harder and harder to focus on the situation at hand.

However he didn't realize, his fellow ghost friend slowly, but successfully, taking over the alive body.

   Keith, breathing heavily, tried to move his arms. To make himself move any possible way he could.

"Keith, you're awake already?" Came Keith's one voice. But with a completely different tone. The words were laced with a sense of mischief, yet filled with insanity.

"Don't—...—...oh...—..." Words became choppy, however his sight was just fine.

Was he going deaf? Whatever is going on, why is Lances voice coming out of his mouth? Why was his body slowly becoming dysfunctional?

   It got colder, and colder. Slowly reaching the point where his body was starting to go numb. His arms wouldn't move anymore.

   Then things went black.

   While in the dark, the sound of water was going through his ears. Like he was under water.

   He could hear the beating of his heart like it was below him.

   Thump...thump...

   But then it got faster, and faster. The more his heart beat, the dizzier he felt.

   He couldn't even feel his heart in his chest.

   Confused, he tried to speak. This time he didn't even hear it in his head.

His train of thought was slowly stopping, he felt his mind slowly being dumped into a dark abyss we would never be able to reach ever again.

His spirit tried to fight, to try and gain control over his body again.

Failing. Failing horribly.

   ...

   ...

   ...

   ...

   "Keith? Are you okay?" Spoke Lance, with concern in his voice, "What's with the knife?"