Chapter Eight; Deja Vu

Keith woke up from his undisturbed sleep. The occasional tossing and turning in bed of course occurred.

   Keith felt different, Lance hadn't come to greet him with some sick scare. Nor was there any ominous noises coming from anywhere.

   He had to be here, he can't go anywhere else.

   Rather than look for the ghost, Keith prepared breakfast for himself. (Preparing was pouring milk in a bowl, and then cereal, an unforgettable sin).

It was so quiet, until he heard a loud crash from the upper floor. Slightly disturbed, but Keith was hungry and remained seated to finish his breakfast.

"Ugh..." He scrolled through his phone while eating, eventually forgetting he heard a loud crash.

Still no sign of Lance, Keith decided to go for a drive. He needed some things to spice his place up. He walked out his house, and a couple steps away, stood a boy.

   His hair was brown, parted in an asymmetrical style. Smoothed down, with a good portion of his hair spiked up, then it bent downward, cupping the side of his face. His skin was sun-kissed, in other words, fairly tanned.

   Keith has never ran into another person in the area, but he didn't say anything and walked over to his car...

   Suddenly...

   The boy collapsed onto the ground, coughing, he was going to hack up half of a lung how hard he coughed.

   Keith seen this somewhere before...

   He rushed over to the boy, and began beating his back. The one choking clenched his throat, as if Keith's assistance wasn't doing anything.

   Then the coughing stopped, and the boy tensed. Stuck out his tongue, he began drooling, heaving.

   "What —"

   Then up came water, splashed right in front of him,  when it hit the ground, it bounced up and hit Keith's shirt.

   "You good now?" Keith stood up, and refused to walk any further until he got a response.

   "Y-yeah, thanks. I have no idea what came over me..." he looked up at Keith, "I'm James by the way. James Griffin." James stood up

   "I'm Keith, Keith Kogane, here why don't you come inside and sit for a little while. Just to see if you have another attack like that." Keith invited James inside.

   Drive canceled.

   But that entire event was all too familiar. Lance must be playing a sick joke, but then again, he hasn't seen Lance yet today.

   James sat himself on the couch, and coughed due to a tickle in his throat.

   "Does that happen often to you?" Keith asked, offering James a cup of warm water, "Also that water is warm to relieve any lingering feelings in your throat."

   "Ah, thanks..." James stared at the cup, "This does not happen often, I have no idea where it comes from..."

   Keith folded his arms, "Interesting, I went through the same thing a couple nights ago. I can't say I know what the cause of it is though..."

   "I-it's fine really! We don't have to talk about it, I'm just glad you took me into your care without any hesitation." James smiled, and picked up the cup, "I can't put my appreciation into words Keith." He began to drink the water, portions at a time.

   They talked about the house, and how it was notorious for such paranormal things. Neither of them believed in such fables. (Keith of course was lying)

   They had spent all afternoon in that living room, when they glanced out the window, they both sighed.

   "Wow, it got late...how about a snack? Also don't hesitate to stay the night either." Keith's kind smile threw James off and he blushed.

   "Truly, thank you, I may take you up on that..."