Chapter Six: ...

Keith and Lance sat in silence.

Keiths' brain wasn't properly comprehending that he was now conscious. Knife tightly in his grip.

   Alarms went off in his head, he had no memory of falling asleep, though somehow there was light coming from another room.

   "What...time is it?" Keith asked, setting his knife down on his lap. Nothing was coming back to him.

   All he remembered was the dinner scare.

That Lance came from a family of insane people.

"It's eleven, almost noon. You were sleeping for a long time."

"I can't remember falling asleep...and for so long..." Keith's hand reached up to his face.

   Tenderly he rubbed his temple.

"I didn't move at all?"

"You groaned and shifted a couple times, but you never moved from this bed."

Lance explained, but it didn't line up, not at all.

A knife was in his lap, and he blacked out after a dinner. As he kept trying to remember, chills ran down his back, flashing a sudden image from the night before.

There was a shadow, looming over Keith, knife behind it, easily soon through its translucent figure. His body then became numb.

   "Lance, I'm gonna go take a walk." Keith said, sliding out his bed, and not even changing clothes before he swung open his door to leave.