Chapter 3

Note, please remember this is a story, I do not know what Benedict gets up to or at which events he is, make believe, yada yada you know the drill.

Lisa was over-whelmed the following week, with a couple of events taking place in London that week. Every time her editor phoned her and gave her the address of an event, she had to first do research to check who will be there, finding out on whom she should focus her attention. After looking at yet another face she didn’t know she slumped in her chair, giving a huff of irritation, Janine, a reporter, looked at her, smiling encouragingly, “You okay Sweetie?” she asks Lisa.

“Yeah, I guess so, I just never realised there was this many celebrities, I thought the UK had like 10 actors they used in everything.” Lisa rubbed her eyes, only realising to late she actually remembered to put on a little makeup that morning, she looked at her hands seeing the familiar black marks on the palm of her hands, “Ah shit!” Janine walked over to her, handing her a makeup bag. “Go fix it, you look like a racoon.”

As Lisa was getting up her phone rang, “Get yourself to the RADA offices, there is a final episode recording of Cabin Pressure, the usual photographer cannot go, you need to be there in 30 minutes!” She looked at the phone as she heard the familiar click on the other end. Her editor never said Hallo or Goodbye.

She got up grabbing her camera bag and mobile. “I have to go.” She ran out of the door, bumping into a couple of people on the way out. She felt so clumsy some times; luckily it only happens when she was in a hurry. “I’m sorry!” she yelled over her shoulder. When she got to the curb she hailed a taxi. She was impressed with the taxi driver, he weaved through the traffic and they arrived in no time at all. When they arrived outside the red brick building, she had to remind herself to get out; she loved the surroundings in London. The old buildings were her favourite.

The street on which these buildings were reminded her of a scene from Mary Poppins, her favourite movie, she remembered how her mom would pop it in, and she had to beg to watch it more than once. Lisa got her camera out of her bag and walked over to where some of the other photographers were gathering. She saw a hand wave at her, and walked over to where Bert was standing. “Nice to see you again love,” He gave her a soft peck on her cheek; Lisa loved how he has taken her under his wing the last week. It made her feel welcome.

She started to chat with some of the other people standing around, marvelling at the throng of people standing with banners. Lisa turned to Bert, “I haven’t heard of Cabin Pressure, is it a big show?” Bert shook his head at her. “Is South Africa really that far behind? It’s a radio drama, one of the best.” Lisa looked at him quizzically, “We don’t really have that in South Africa, and we don’t usually get that type of content from the UK.”

***

Benedict was sitting in the back of the taxi, looking at his surroundings; it was a bright day, abnormally sunny for this time of the year. He smiled to himself, the past week he spend time with his parents, just trying to relax as much as possible. He loved staying over at their place. Sitting next to the fire; reading the latest book from his favourite author. He loved these little getaways to his parents, just to recharge for the busy weeks that will follow. Except this time. This time he had too much time. He found himself thinking of a young clumsy photographer. He kept seeing her when he closed his eyes. Those beautiful hazel coloured eyes, her curly hair, which at first looked brown, but under light it had a red hue to it. He chuckled aloud, look even now he could only think of her. He took out the script from his bag and went over his lines again. He read the first couple of lines, chuckling again at the witty writing of the show’s creator John Finnemore.

***

Lisa placed the camera strap around her neck letting the camera hang; she took out her phone and Googled Cabin Pressure. Bert who was watching over her shoulder took out his iPod, “Here love, I have it downloaded on here, I listen to it all the time.” Lisa slipped the earpiece into her ear, and listened as a rich voice filled her head, “Good evening ladies and gentlemen, first officer Douglas Richardson here.” Lisa smiled at Bert, chuckling at the joke on the show.