Chapter 1: Promise?

Hi, Im Aurora Butterfly-Diaz, today is a very special day, today is my 14th birthday. You know why this day special? Well I don't know either, you see my dad (Marco Diaz) said it was a very special day because his gonna tell me something very very very important about my mother after school.

Aurora's POV

So I woke up and was so excited to go to school, because after school I get to know something about my mother (not that i know nothing about her), but dad said that she had to work somewhere when i was still a baby, he also said that she can't come back until she's done with her work. So i went to my mirror (which my dad said my mom gave to me I was born) and greeted myself.

Aurora talking to her reflection:
Happy 14 birthday me!

After i fix myself i went down stairs for breakfast ,while i was walking down the stairs i could already smell my cake being baked which grandfather made with the shape of my face, like he does in every birthday i ever had.

Me:
Good morning grandpa and grandma!

Grandpa and Grandma:
Good morning Aurora!
Happy birthday!

Grandpa:
I made cake for you

Dad:
Did someone say cake!
Happy 14th birthday my daughter!
Hugs

He hugs me and I hug him back. For some reason he always says "hugs" evey time we hug.

Me:
Thanks dad

After eating breakfast, I asked dad if he's gonna tell me something about mom.

Me:
Hey dad, can i ask you something?

Dad:
Sure anything sweetheart.

Me:
You're gonna tell me something about mom after school right?

Grandpa and grandma exchanged looks then stared at dad.

Dad:
Of course, after school although I could tell you something about her now.

I was so excited and can't wait.

Me:
YES TELL MEEEEE

Dad:
Ok ok calm down sweetheart. Well your mother's name is Star Butterfly

Me:
Star?...keep going

Dad:
Oh well look at the time you don't want to be late for school.

He pushed me to my room to get ready for school.

Me:
Ok? But you'll tell me after school right?

I said behind my bedroom door

Dad:
Ok sweetheart.

Me:
Promise?

Dad:
Promise.

He said seriously then sighed