09

Dear Josh,

I wish you wouldn't let your partner leech off you and all the work you do. Yes, I'm in Ms. Rane's class with you. He's gonna get half the credit when you should get it all. It's not fair. Then again, life's not fair, I guess. I'm glad she didn't put you with Logan though. If that guy had done anything to you while you had to work with his dumb ass, I would've kicked the shit out of him. I guess it's a good thing you didn't have to.

Reason #10: You're selfless- way too selfless. Yes, this ties into what I said above. You just want everyone to be happy and in peace, but you don't care much about your own happiness- which you should! Like I've said countless days before, you're the best person at this school. You deserve better.

Love,

Your Secret Admirer

Josh couldn't help the pink tint that spread across his cheeks as he read the note, a smile spreading along with the blush. Despite the nice words that made him feel so much better about himself, he decided he still didn't get the same feelings he did when he was around Tyler. He wondered if he should try to tell his author-friend that he wasn't interested, but how did he know his friend even was interested? They could just be really nice. Or- he winced to think about it- it was just some elaborate prank to make him feel even worse about it by the time it was done.

He really hoped not.

"You're blushing."

Josh jumped at the familiar voice and spun around to see Tyler standing behind him. The taller boy's head was tipped to one side, and his eyes glinted with... jealousy..? A small frown tugged his lips down.

The unruly blush only intensified as he realized Tyler might be upset because someone else had gotten that reaction from him. He couldn't imagine somebody actually being jealous because of him, but he also couldn't lie: The thought that it was possible made a flock of butterflies rise in his stomach.

"Uh, a-am I?"

Tyler huffed, his muscular arms crossing over his chest. "Yes, you are. Who have you been talking to?"

"N-No one," Josh replied defensively. He wasn't sure why; it wasn't like he'd done anything wrong. "Just... Just a nice l-letter. Okay?" He waved the slip of paper in Tyler's face fleetingly before shoving it into his pocket. "It's nothing."

The second Tyler saw the letter, his irritated expression faded. "Oh... Okay." He smiled, suddenly in a better mood. "I'll see you in art class, Joshy!" Without another word, he turned and walked to his homeroom.

That was... odd, Josh thought to himself as he pulled his binders out of his locker. Why did he suddenly get so appeased when he was shown the letter, especially after he had seemed so ticked off? Did he really believe Josh that easily? The brunette doubted it.

He was still stuck in his thoughts as he sat in his corner seat, a small pout present on his face. He was still trying to figure out what was going on with Tyler- it was just too weird to let it go. Was he in on the note? Maybe he knew the person who was writing it and wanted them to get together or something. Josh couldn't lie; his heart sank a little at the possibility. But then why did he look jealous rather than irritated? Had he been in the situation, he would've been a little disappointed, but not that upset.

A fleeting, yet hopeful thought crossed Josh's mind: What if Tyler was writing the letters? He immediately discarded the idea, though it gave him those nice butterflies again. There was no way Tyler would like him like that, or even platonically like him that much. Who would? No, there was no way. Tyler wasn't all touchy-feely like that, anyway.

Josh left homeroom just as confused as he came, and more determined than ever to find out who was writing the letters. He couldn't be sure, but it seemed like Tyler was involved; just that factor alone made him care about the author's identity a whole lot more.

He would find out eventually, he was sure.

/ / /

yoo i'm so sorry i didn't update on friday, i had a sleepover with my best friend and on top of that i had no idea what to write lmao

fucking writer's block man

i heard a back to school commercial yesterday

rip

anyway here ya gooo hope you enjoy

votes and comments are fire