11

Butterflies, moths, bees, every fluttering insect Josh could think of were darting about in his belly as the lunch bell rang. It was finally time to see who had been writing him those notes. It was odd how it had only been a couple weeks that he'd been getting them, yet he was so eager to find out who it was. He shouldn't care so much about something that hadn't even been going on for very long.

  However, Josh dreaded the meeting just as much as he looked forward to it. He already knew what he was going to say- what he had to say. He was going to tell his friend that he had feelings for someone else, and he couldn't be anything more than friends with them. It sucked to reject the person who had been so nice and uplifting to him, but he had to do it. If the author did like him, it wouldn't be right to just lead him on.

  With a small sigh, the brunette set off down the hallway, in the opposite direction of the cafeteria. To say he was nervous was a severe understatement. He hoped his friend wouldn't be too offended or disappointed. Hey, he might not even like him that way! He could very well just be extremely friendly. Although, even to Josh's rather innocent mind, that seemed a little unlikely.

  The courtyard was now in view; large windows in the wall let him peek into the small outdoor space between wings. He didn't see anyone out there yet, and he wasn't sure if that was good or bad. Did he want to be the first one there or not? He couldn't answer that question.

  Josh looked around before slipping through the door, praying no teacher saw him sneak out. It wasn't against the rules, per se, but it was frowned upon to eat out in the courtyard. Not that he was eating; he was much too nervous for that.

  Playing with his fingers, he sat down on the bench in the corner, where he was out of view of the windows. Hopefully, his friend wouldn't be much longer. He was normally a patient soul, but that was not the case with things like this.

  Suddenly, a horrible possibility struck him: What if the whole thing had been just a prank, like he'd theorized before? What if nobody was coming? He squirmed in his seat as he imagined Logan and his friends peering in at him through the windows, laughing and shoving each other as they taunted and tormented their victim. He felt like a rat in a laboratory; scientists prodding him and poisoning him just to see how far they could push him.

  Josh really hoped this wasn't the case, though. The letters had seemed so heartfelt... but then again, he always had been quite a gullible soul. The best he could hope for was to not cry when the prank was revealed. He shouldn't have ever believed anyone but Tyler would be nice to him.

  The brunette's pessimistic train of thoughts was suddenly broken as the door swung open, much more carefree than the way it had creaked open when Josh walked in. His heart leaped in his chest; this was the moment he'd been waiting for since he received the first letter. He knew he should be preparing for disappointment, but the only thing racing through him was excitement as he stood.

  The author scanned the courtyard for a moment before spotting Josh. Hesitantly, he pulled down the hood of his black jacket.

  "Tyler?!"

  "Hi, Joshy..."

/ / /

haha i'm sorry guys but welcome to a cliffhanger

published late yet again

i still love you please don't hate me

leave a comment and/or vote if i pissed you the fuck off with this lmao