Chapter 7

Schools over. Today I think Alice was trying to ruin my 1st day. She really needs to be told. I hop on the bus and ride home. Elaine saved my butt. She seems like a nice friend, and so does Anna. At least I understood what we did today in school. It's now my stop. Everyone laughs at me as I walk down the aisle,probably posting me falling on my face in the cafeteria. I get out of the bus. I miss my old friends and my old life, and I really miss honeydew my horse. I walk inside our apartment and sit down. Mom is sitting at the kitchen table, whereas dad is still at work. "Hi stace, how was school?" Mom asks. I hesitate to tell her the truth of what happened today. Instead I lie and say "It was good." "Good..Got any homework?" Mom asks questionably "Yeah,Lots." I say then sigh and sit down my back pack put my lunch away then go to my room an sit down on my bed and write in my diary. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I have to ignore Alice and her popular group and stay with Elaine and Anna and watch where I'm going. I write all that in my diary then shut it and get to my math homework. I can't concentrate. I hear the apartment door close and dads voice ring through the apartment. I run downstairs and hug dad. He looks surprised "A huger today eh stace?" He says then i laugh"Yeah." I say he ruffles my wild red hair like he always does but then asks "How was school? Is it different?" Dad asks "It was good" I lie mimicking what is said to mom. He walks over to mom. And kisses her forehead then goes to make dinner. I decide I should finish my homework.

******

A bruise is starting to form on my shin where Alice kicked me. I notice it as I have a shower. It's purplish and really red. I want to cry. I hope Alice won't ruin my whole school year. I need to do something. We already ate. So it's now 9:00 and I have to go to bed. I cannot fall asleep...I keep thinking about Alice. I'm scared of having to face her tomorrow. I finally fall into a dreamless sleep.