Chapter 9

Upon arrival at the sandy beach, I desperately rode around trying to find a parking spot in the crowded car park. I almost ran into people on multiple occasions. I was driving around a corner, and they just appear out of nowhere in front of the car.

"How about right there?" Ivan said, breaking me out of my thoughts. He was pointing toward an empty parking spot next to a spotless black SUV. I quickly drove around to the other side, only to find a white charger trying to snatch the spot.

I sped forward at the same time as the Charger. Before the person in the car had a chance to react, I snagged the parking spot. 

"Hey!" The person in the car shouted angrily while rolling down their window. I expected them to get out of the car and give me a 'piece of their mind'. Instead of doing that, they drove off while honking their horn loudly at innocent pedestrians.

I turned off the car and the engine immediately went dead. I hopped out with my keys, towel, vlogging camera, and actual camera. Ivan hopped out with his camera and towel. 

We began walking toward the beach and on the walk over there, I felt a few drops of water land on my forehead. I looked up to see a few dark grey clouds, but thought nothing of them as they would only be passing over for a short period of time.

I laid my beach towel out onto the sand and placed my camera in Ivan's hands. "You do know what to do, right?" I asked and he nodded his head while rolling his eyes with a smile on his face. "Just making sure, mate." I said while laughing slightly and pushing him off to the side.

I walked off from Ivan while he looked at me in confusion. "I'm going to get my spare surfboard." I told him and he simply nodded while talking off his shirt. I wasn't expecting it, and my eyes were glued onto the layers of abs that he had. His chest was toned down to the brim. "Take a picture, it will last longer." He said while slipping in a cheeky wink.

"Noted." I told him, and turned around to go get my surfboard.

I entered into a beach shack, and my friend Roberto was working there as usual. I simply nodded at him, and he returned a nod back, seeing he was attending a customer. I walked behind him into the 'staff room'. 

The room had a sea smell too it, which I didn't mind seeing as I basically grew up on the shores of the beach. I grabbed my surfboard and exited the shack.

I walked back over to Ivan, only to find him trying to vlog with my vlogging camera. "Boo!" I said, and he jumped up a bit, throwing up my camera in the process. everything seemed to happen in slow motion from then on, I dived for camera and barely caught it by the strap that it was hooked on.

I wiped invisible sweat off my forehead and Ivan laughed a bit, while giving me a smile said 'sorry about that'. "Let's just... go take pictures." I said and he followed behind me as I went out into the ocean.

---------------

Third Person P.O.V 

The dark grey clouds had consumed most of the visible sky. Tiny drips of rain seemed to be falling out of the sky. People began packing up and leaving the shore, but the rain didn't stop Natalia. The rain only motivated her into riding the perfect wave. 

A huge wave sprung over the edge and Natalia began shifting to master her surfing skill. The wave didn't look like her normal huge waves. This wave looked a bit to big and the rain began picking up. 

Ivan was sitting calmly on the shore until his eyes widened in realization. "Natalia, you have to get out of the water!" He screamed. The lifeguard had ditched the scene, and was probably already in the comfort of his home.

People began crowding around Ivan trying to see what was going on, who he was yelling at. There were people with their phones out, video recording, people who thought 'the stupid girl on the surfboard' was crazy, and people who wanted the girl to get out of the water so she doesn't get killed. There were the occasional fan or two.

Natalia looked back at Ivan, then turned back toward the wave and focused on it. She was determined to ride this wave, it wasn't everyday that waves like these come around on the Santa Monica Beach.

As the wave grew closer, the more nervous Natalia got. She started sweating and her hands became clammy, wishing that this was over with and she made it out alive.

Natalia was picked up by the wave and thrown across the sea, nothing but her surfboard washing up onto the shore. The screams of horrified people and the sobs of Ivan were heard. 

Cop cars were heard and the familiar white truck that Jake drove was seen pulling into the car park. Ivan did the only thing he thought to do, he dived into the ocean and searched for Natalia. She wasn't hard to find, considering she wasn't to far away from the shore. 

Ivan dove in and reached his hands out and Natalia reached out towards him. By the look on her face, she had a couple of seconds left before she couldn't take it anymore. 

Ivan grabbed Natalia by the forearm and struggled to pull her toward the surface. Natalia's eyes grew heavier she struggled to keep them open. Ivan's eyes grew wide as he saw this and hurriedly pulled her toward the surface. It was too late, Natalia's eyes had fully closed and weren't opening back up... she was gone.

The people on the surface were holding their breaths and all of Team 10 were crying, including Tessa, which was a shock. Tessa was saying how much she regretted being so mean to Natalia and wishing that she would come back alive.

Ivan arrived on the shore, and placed a dead looking girl down on the wet sand. People were crowding around her, news reporters were trying to get to Ivan, policemen were confused on what happened, it was chaotic.

Ivan sat beside Natalia on her left side, holding her hand. Rosalinda, the identical twin, sat on her right, looking a mess. Her makeup was smeared, and Emilio was hugging her tightly whispering to her that everything was going to be alright.

Ivan felt a cold hand on his wet shoulder and looked behind him to see Jake. He met Jake's eyes and that's when Jake burst. He couldn't hold it in as tears consumed his entire face. Ivan gave him a sensible hug, seeing as Natalia was like his younger sister. 

Jake pulled away from the hug and Ivan clapped him on the back. Jake nodded at Ivan, and Ivan got it.

This was just like her dream, only she was saved.

-------

okay, i need an editor. so can you direct message me, or comment if you would like to do it, that would be great.

~D'Erica xo