41 | finding the culprit

Marinette's POV

I peddled that bike as fast as I could to get to my last destination. I wasn't going to go through all of these clues, just to have my heart crushed again. If Chat Noir was behind this like my father had guessed, then it meant he was just making me do this to get a laugh.

This time, however, he wasn't going to be getting a laugh.

He was going to get a surprise.

The last spot on the map that I was supposed to go to was the Eiffel Tower. To me, that was the most obvious place to choose as the last destination. Was Chat Noir/Adrien really that dumb?

Did I really want to answer that question?

By the time I had made it to the base of the Eiffel Tower, the sun was beginning to already set. I jumped off my rusty, old, bike and shoved it aside, letting it fall to the concrete.

I stuffed the map into my bag that was also filled with all the letters, notes and crap. I looked up, my eyes peering up at the tall monument. Chat noir had to be waiting at the top.

Immediately I went to summon Tikki. "Tikki, transform—" But, I quickly cut myself off when I realized I had left my kwami behind.

I hung my head in sadness for just a moment before shaking it away. Right now, I didn't have time to be crying over Tikki. I had to get up there a different way.

Somehow.

I realized that the only way I was going to be able to reach the top of this tower is if I climbed, without Ladybug's magical help. Dangerous? Maybe. But that was not going to hold me back.

I started slowly, carefully gripping the metal tower as I slowly climbed higher and higher. A couple of times my foot slipped, but I held on tight. If only the Eiffel Tower was still open for tourists, I could have used the elevator... or the stairs.

I shook my head at that thought and continued to push forward with all my might. Without Ladybug's help, climbing the Eiffel Tower took effort and time, slowly wearing me out.

Why did I even have to treat Tikki the way I did? If she was here, I wouldn't even be having this issue in the first place. But I shook my head. Feeling guilty was not something I needed to concentrate on right now.

I wanted to stop by the time I was halfway there, but I couldn't give up now. I had to stay strong; this is for myself, you're helping yourself.

I continued to pull myself up, despite that my body was telling me to stop and rest. But I couldn't rest any longer. I was going to make it to the top, and quitting wasn't an option.

I climbed that tower until my hands were surely bleeding (not literally, of course. But that's what it felt like.) I didn't know how far up I was, or how much longer I had until my hands reached the base of the top floor.

Feeling the floor caused a new type of excitement to bubble inside me, and I pulled myself over the edge quickly to get to my feet. Just as I stood to take in my surroundings, my eyes immediately landed in the blonde I hated so dearly.

Adrien Agreste.

_______________________________

We're getting really close to the end guys, but idk how many chapters are left. I'm not sure if the next chapter after this one will be last, or the one after that. Just know that the max of chapters left is probably three.

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

If you would like to give or support me financially, please head over to my Cash App to donate!

(All letters are lowercase)

Remember, no amount is too small! Any amount that is given will be an immense blessing!

Thanks!