Chapter 2

The next day, the band was planning to go go-cart racing. They didn't have a show, so they were spending the day in the same place, having fun.

Brendon and Dallon woke up two hours before they were supposed to meet in the lobby, so obviously round two took place.

It was over quicker than last night; mostly because they wanted to have time to shower and get ready once they were done. It was easier because Brendon was more adjusted to it now, and the smaller man had dragged his nails down Dallon's back enough to leave angry red lines from his shoulder blades to the small of his back. Dallon didn't mind though, it wasn't like he would be taking off his shirt for any of the guys to see. What he was worried about were the hickies that stood out on both his and Brendon's necks.

"Bren, what are we gonna do about these marks?" Dallon asked, looking in the hotel mirror as he pulled on his t-shirt and ran his fingers over the bruises.

"I don't know. Usually I have some concealer, but.." The singer stepped in the bathroom next to Dallon, looking in the mirror as well. "Maybe if we wore shirts with collars instead of t-shirts?"

Dallon nodded, going to his suitcase and pulling out a short sleeve button up. It wasn't something he'd usually wear to something like go-cart racing, but he didn't have many options. Brendon picked out a similar one, and then they spent a few more minutes getting ready before they left the hotel room. They rode down the elevator together, and Brendon almost threaded their fingers together until he remembered; what were they even doing?

Were they just fucking? Were there feelings involved?

Brendon felt something for Dallon. He would never admit it, but it was there. While they slept together, Brendon felt something like he'd never felt before. When he and Dallon were touching, he felt good. It wasn't fireworks or sparks, it wasn't anything like in the books. It was just a good feeling that made him smile and giggle, a feeling that made him comfortable. Did that sound dangerously like love? Maybe. But he would never admit that.

When they walked out to the lobby, Zack and the others were waiting. They weren't late, so Dallon and Brendon didn't really understand why they were getting weird looks from the rest of the band.

"What's up?" Brendon asked, and Dallon could tell that the singer noticed the looks as well.

"Nothing. Come on guys, let's go to the car." Zack said, and led the band out to the SUV that they drove locally. The ride was awkward, and a weird tension filled the vehicle.

"Alright guys, that the hell is with this awkward silence?" Brendon finally asked.

"Silence." Zack said. "That's something I wish we would have had last night."

Brendon scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

"Either Dallon's good in bed, or you just like to agree with him. Loudly and frequently." Ian said, finishing his statement with a laugh.

"Yes, Dallon!" Spencer moaned, mocking Brendon's voice.

"Oh my god." Brendon said, looking at Dallon with red cheeks and wide eyes.

It only took Dallon a second before he was coming up with a lie. The bassist let out a laugh and elbowed Brendon, smiling and saying, "It worked! We got them."

Brendon raised a confused eyebrow.

"We were messing with you guys." Dallon said. "And you all totally fell for it."

Brendon caught on, and nodded, smiling. "Yeah, dumbasses!" He said.

The others were quiet for a second. "So.. y'all weren't really fucking?" Spencer asked.

"Hell no." Brendon said.

"Yeah, I guess we should have known you'd never fuck Dallon." Zack teased.

"Exactly. No way in hell." Brendon said.

Ouch. Dallon knew he shouldn't be hurt by that. Brendon was just trying to keep their secret safe, he wasn't being serious. Obviously, right? Because he had fucked Dallon. But.. what if he was serious? What if he thought it was a mistake? What if he only did it because he wanted sex? Wait, why did Dallon care? Weren't they both only in it for the sex?

No. Dallon couldn't lie to himself. If Brendon wanted something more, he'd give him something more. It would always be up to Brendon, though.

"Hey." Brendon said, just soft enough for Dallon to hear.

"What?" Dallon asked, a soft smile on his lips.

"You look kinda upset. I didn't mean it." Brendon said.

"I know." Dallon said back. But he didn't know. He would always be insecure. Because why would someone like Brendon want someone like him?

They parked outside the go-cart place, and climbed out of their SUV. The track was indoors, so they walked inside together, Brendon and Dallon in the back. Brendon held the door for Dallon, and as the taller man walked through, Brendon smacked his ass. It was something they'd done on stage before, but it was different now because they didn't have an audience. Brendon wasn't doing it to entertain people, he was doing it on his own free will. Dallon rolled his eyes and smiled, and Brendon matched his expression as they walked inside with the others.

Zack exchanged a few words with the man behind the counter in the lobby, before they were being led back to the track. A man went over the rules with them, and then they were off.

Brendon laughed at Dallon because his legs were too long to fit inside the cart comfortably, but Dallon laughed when he sped past Brendon seconds later.

The race was over quickly, with Brendon winning. Zack said it was only because he was the skinniest, and his cart had to carry the least weight.

"Good job." Dallon said as they walked back to the SUV, and Brendon smiled.  Their next stop was Myrtle Beach, they were playing a show and then they were going to spend a day at the beach. So now they were bracing themselves for the hours of driving.