Chapter 9

**

Time seemed to pass quickly, and before Dallon knew it, Brendon was getting married. He went to the wedding and watched in uncomfortable silence as Brendon said his vows, which were the lyrics to their song 'The End of All Things'. It made Dallon feel sort of weird that this album featured a song that was literally Brendon's vows to Sarah.. and also songs about he and Dallon fucking behind their wives' backs. He and Brendon spent less time together after he was married. Dallon could tell he really loved Sarah, and he felt sort of bad for being an intrusion on that. 

Breezy was pregnant, as Dallon expected, and they had had a son. His name was Knox, and it seemed to Dallon like this entire thing was coming to an end. 

Brendon released the record in October, with Dallon on bass and Spencer on drums. He announced to the fans that Dallon was an official member, and that this was the last album Spencer would be featured on, and that the drummer would not be touring with them. He'd released a few singles before, which were all hits. Their album was hip-hop and dance music influenced, meaning it hit the mainstream even more than some of their old things. Their fanbase was broadening. They were playing a release show soon, and Dallon was riding with Brendon and Zack, along with their new members Dan and Kenny. Dallon liked both of them. They were nice guys, and they were good at what they did. They were going on tour in January, and Dallon was so ready. He was ready to be back around Brendon a lot. He missed his company.

When the tour finally began, Dallon began to notice Brendon's slight shift. It was nothing extreme, it was just small things. For instance, Brendon was on the album cover without anyone else. In interviews, he explained that the reason for this was that he 'loved the attention' and wanted to remain the 'center of attention', and 'since he was the lead singer, it made sense'. 

It was just self-centered comments like these. A lot of times, Brendon tried to pass them off as jokes, but Dallon knew they weren't. He could tell Brendon thought more and more highly of himself as time passed. He even changed his wardrobe; he went from wearing normal clothes to wearing expensive, brand-name things like Alexander McQueen and Gucci. He wore tight leather pants that left little to the imagination, and he started working out. The album was high on the charts, and Brendon's confidence rose with every show. He sang high notes more often because he knew how much the fans loved it, and he loved showing off.

Their tour started off normal, but about their third show, Brendon couldn't hold back anymore. During 'Sins', he walked to Dallon's side of the stage and wrapped his hand around the back of Dallon's neck, pulling the taller man down enough so that they could sing into the same microphone.

And just like that, it started again. After the show, they spent the night in a hotel, which meant Brendon was pulling Dallon's clothes off as soon as they were inside and out of sight. Dallon had missed this; it had been months since the last time he'd touched Brendon like this. All he could think about >as the smaller man rode him in their hotel room was how much he loved Brendon. He was willing to admit it now: He loved Brendon. As more than a friend. He'd never say it out loud, unless Brendon did first, but he loved him. 

When they were finished, they lied together like they always did. 

"I missed this." Dallon said honestly. Because he did, and Brendon usually would have agreed to that. Usually when Dallon said things like that, Brendon would agree, and that's what gave Dallon hope that this whole thing wasn't one-sided. But this time, Brendon didn't say anything. He just pulled the blankets over them and sighed, resting his head on Dallon's shoulder as he drifted asleep, leaving Dallon to lie awake and wonder what the singer's lack of a response meant.

**

Brendon and Dallon fell back into their 'brallon' act quickly after that. Kenny and Dan were becoming more and more close with them all, and they caught on to it quick.