Entry 6

Author's Note:

Before you begin reading, I'd like to inform you that each chapter possesses it's own track (we, of course, do not own any of them). Listening to them as you read would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Unveiling past scars may be unpleasant.

Little did he know that she wore her battle scars as badges of honor.

And so, the thorough interview began...

Lara's POV:

I looked at him as I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Of-course Mr. Bang." I said in a low tone.

"Great." he replied reaching out for the file that he previously laid on the table.

What could that be?

He opened the file resting on the chair's back flipping to the first page.

"Let's see..." he looked up from the paper to look me straight in my eyes as his first question hit me.

"So I hear you were bullied in school as kid?"

I felt my whole body tense up, my eyes slightly widening.

My mouth went dry.

"Is that true?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes" I barely let out.

"Why is that so?" he asked as if it was nothing.

Why?

Did he seriously just ask me why I got bullied?

"Huh?" my facial expressions turned to confused yet offended ones.

He sure isn't asking why I got bullied... He is probably asking why...

"Why did they bully you? Did you trigger them in any way?" he repeated, using hand gestures this time.

Namjoon's hand nudged Bang PD's lap.

"Because I am different. Because between all of them I could see further than the table and chair that locked me captive. Because I used to listen to a weird kind of music. Because I was expressive. Because I was me." I spoke, pushing the tears back down my throat.

"Different? Different how?" he inquired.

"In my school... It was fun to target someone. It was nice to find a weak person and point your fingers at them and laugh. It was cool to break someone down..." I stated, my eyes tearing up.

I rubbed my hand trying to distract myself from the gravity of the words being spoken.

"And I... I was weak. I admit it, there is no shame in admitting. The shame is hiding behind lies. I was nice and sweet and words meant a lot to me. Be it positive or negative ones." my eyes shifted from Bang PD to Namjoon who gave me an encouraging smile.

"Thus, I was an easy target. I used to be passionate about music ever since I was young... Music was everything that mattered to me. I used to be a friendless person. I used to be that one person who sat alone eating broccoli with a smile on her face... That one person that was okay with being alone, for, to me, being alone meant: humming to myself, not needing extravagant stories to entertain my friends with. I didn't find it wrong... until they pointed it out, that is." I squeezed my hand as I took a deep breath.