Chapter Twenty-Eight: Training

"You look like your feeling better." Natasha smiled at Wanda as they both took a seat on the terrace. Wanda looked up from the book in her lap to see the wide smirk on Nat's face. "I don't know what you're talking about." She sipped on her tea, raising her eyebrows as she sucked in the hot liquid. This morning Natasha had gone to her bedroom to wake her up, both Wanda and Bucky had slept in and were not only together in her bed, but bare skinned when Nat opened the door. Wanda had quickly pulled the covers up and yelled at her for not knocking, only to hear her laughing as she shut the door behind her. "Oh you know what I'm talking about." Nat hopped over the back of a lounge chair and sat down, eyeing her friend. "We are not talking about it!" Wanda smiled, setting her tea down on the table beside her. "Come onnnn, I've been drowning in all of the testosterone pumping through this building. I need this." Wanda smirked and closed her book, she was not getting into detail about her night with Bucky. "I do feel better." The girls caught up a bit, Natasha clearly missed having another woman in the compound. 

In the training room Tony was suited up and ready to play. "Come on, it's just a magnetic pull." Across the room was Bucky, head-to-toe in Captain America gear. "What happens if I attract a car? Or a dump truck. What if I attract a cruise ship?" Tony pointed to him, "Ok smartass, I'm a genius, remember? It only attracts the shield. Come on, try it." Bucky cracked his neck and looked over to the shield that was lying on the floor a few feet away. After a few tries he flexed his metal fingers the way Tony instructed earlier and the shield came flying toward him, clanking to his arm. Tony was indeed a genius, he had done away with the magnetic pull in the arm of the suit like Steve had, and instead built it directly into his bionic arm. "You'll get use to the kick back when it attaches." Bucky stretched his arm out and buckled his knees lightly. "Alright, let's play." The two men went at one another, ready to spar. 

After their conversation about the X-Men the women sat in silence for a moment until Nat spoke up, "Ok I can't take it anymore, was it good?" Wanda looked at her, her mouth slightly hung open at the thought that Nat was really bringing this up. "We are not talking about this Nat!" The huge smile on the red head's face was beaming as she started to laugh. "Oh come on, I haven't...well you know, in a long time." Natasha finally stopped for a moment as her face fell and she thought about her words, "Oh god." Wanda burst into laughter as Nat stood up and threw the pillow from her chair at her, knocking her tea cup over while she was still chuckling. "Come on, we have to pick out dresses." Wanda stopped laughing and furrowed her brows as Nat walked toward the door. "For what?"