Chapter Thirteen: Stay

It was the first night Bucky didn't dream. There was no nightmare to shock him awake, something kept him at ease. Although when he did wake, it wasn't sudden, nor was it scaring, he simply opened his eyes and firmly believed he was currently dreaming. At his doorway stood an angel. Soft tousled brown hair the hung just below it's shoulder's. A short black dress stopped just above mid-thigh. The soft expression made him sigh, and he knew to just take it in. "You're the best part of my dreams." Bucky smiled softly, but after he spoke, he felt the cool breeze from the crack in the window. It set the entire scene array. "You dream of me?" A smirk sprawled out onto his tired face. "Every night doll."

Standing there felt odd, her very existence felt heavy on her shoulders. "Tell me about it." Wanda's voice was soft, yet there was a bit of tremble to it. Bucky held out his hand to her, beackoning her to come. Wanda, reluctant, slowly walked toward him, staring at his hand. In the memories she recalled during her deep meditation, one of his hands was metal. Right now, they were both skin. Was this real?

"I dream you're still with me. That your red eyes still stare into my soul. That you are there to calm my nerves when anxiety pours into me." Wanda felt more draw to him, she recalled helping him, growing near to him. Reading, diving into his mind, loving him. "Keep going." Wanda took his hand and sat on the bed beside him. "I want to hear more." Bucky began to feel off, unsure if this dream was turning into a nightmare. They were never this good, never this real. "I dream of before the war. I'm out dancing with you, Steve is jealous that I caught the prettiest gal in that bar." Wanda smiled. Things were odd, remembering so much yet...still having lived the events of the infinity stones. "Take me back." Her tears yearned. For she wanted to feel the way she did, she thought of Vision, and how he knew her so well. Understood every part of her. Then Bucky, James...he didn't need to understand ever inch of her mind, that felt a bit...boring.

Bucky gripped onto her hand, his mind convinced completely that this was, as it always had been, a dream. "Don't disappear this time. Stay." Wands smiled, a tear puddle down her dry skin as she nodded. Crawling slowly into the sheets he opened for her, she felt his hand wrap around her abdomen and the feeling of safety soothed her mind. "This feels so real." His whisper sent shivers down her arms, she didn't answer though. Wanda simply sighed, taking in a new memory she would add to the bank of Bucky. Memories she would still have to learn to understand.