Chapter Thirty-Four: Catch Up

After three more days in isolation Wanda was released, she felt odd in a way. Dr. Cho blatantly lied to Dr. Lewis. "Does the patient show any signs of improvement?" Over a video message the two woman conversed about Wanda. "Yes, she is feeling much better. No signs of her illness." The words pinched at the Witch's nerves, never would she believe Helen to feel as if their powers were an illness. It wasn't until yesterday, right before Helen was about to release Wanda that she watched the doctor knock over a beaker full of liquid, that Wanda felt like she wasn't being told something. Pure reflect kicked in as she caught it with her magic, the two woman catching one another's eyes and for a brief moment, Wanda could have sworn she saw Dr. Cho smile. 

A real bed. The moment Wanda made it to her room she plopped down on her bed, feeling the fluffy covers surround her. Things were starting to feel normal again, but she couldn't help but be nervous about her powers returning. The government and many powerful people wanted her locked away, the only reason she wasn't is because they were lead to believe her powers were gone. What would happen if they found out? Wanda was in deep thought when Steve walked into her room, "How's it going kid?" She sat up and dangled her legs off the end of the bed, it wasn't until now that she realized her room had been cleaned. The shattered mirror was gone and replaced with a new one. "Who cleaned my room?" Steve smiled, more to himself, before answering her. "Nat. She wanted you to feel more like yourself when you came back in here." "I feel more like myself than I have in months." Wanda looked out the window, the sun was shining, she could feel the warmth of it on her shoulder as rays poured into the room. "You should." Wanda turned her head to look at him, hearing a bit of certainty to his tone. "What is it you know that I don't?" Steve winked lightly, "Don't ask me. Now come on." He held his arms open looking for a hug. "Leaving us already?" Wanda got up from her bed and gave him a big hug. "I have to." Steve looked out the window over her shoulder. "I know."

After her goodbyes with Steve, Wanda went to find Natasha. Nat was boxing in the training room when Wanda found her, but she wasn't the only one. Bucky and Tony were also there on the other end of the room sparring. "Hey." The smile on Nat's face reached each ear, she was happy to see her friend back on her feet, "Gave us quite a scare. Some...more than others." She nodded in Bucky's direction. Wanda smirked lightly, giving Nat a look. "What? He was very concerned. That's good you know, get some fear into them." "Nat." She stopped and stepped away from the boxing bag. "Alright alright. How about I clean up and we grab a glass of wine?" Wanda nodded, "Good idea...you reek." They chuckled together, walking out of the room. Wanda looked over her shoulder to see Tony watching her.

Out on the terrace the women enjoyed the setting sun with a glass of red wine in each of their hands. "I can't help but get this feeling that everyone knows something that I don't." Nat looked away, past Wanda's gaze, "Not you too." The air got thick as the subject lay out in front of them. "Nat?" Natasha shook her head, "No, I'm not the one you ask." Wanda sipped her glass softly, eyeing her friend over the rim. "Who?" "You're not gonna like it." That could only mean one person, Stark.

(sorry for the short chapter, but I wanted the next scene to be it's own chapter)