Chapter Eighteen: War Never Changes

"On your left." Sam smirked, his cocky wit always made himself feel better, even if it annoyed others, like Bucky who shook his head at him.

The battle was messy, tough, and they were losing. Wanda effortlessly eliminated those around her without care, she focused her eyes on the crowd to search for the only person that mattered to her right now, Thanos. When she finally caught sight of them, nothing was going to stop her. Even thought she was certain she knocked over her own comrades in her rampage toward his location, she couldn't find the heart to care. "You took everything from me!"

The fury in her red eyes glowed."I don't even know you." Thanos scoffed at her, she was weak in his eyes.

Blood boiled as she strained her hands and birthed bright red power. "You will."Thanos was shocked, he did not expect such power from someone so small. It was thrilling, but after a while, scary. There was a chance she would defeat him, and he wouldn't be having that.

As the rockets blasted the ground Wanda yelped, throwing her magic around and flying through the air until her body hit the ground, a cloud of dirt billowed around her body.

Bucky huddled under a large piece of scrap metal as the rockets hit around him, but the moment he saw Wanda slam into the ground with force, his eyes widened. Making his way toward her he dodged explosions and shot creatures. Once he got to her he knelt down to pick her up. Wanda was unconscious, her beautiful face was calm and serene. Bucky couldn't stand out here, so he began to run back toward shelter, but that was when the bombs stopped.

In fact, the entire space ship was falling out of the sky as something that glowed was impacting every inch of the ship. Bucky watched in awe as it smashed into the ocean. Then he was being attacked again, but held Wanda close as he shot away the monsters.The fight was long and hard, but mid-shot he watched as his bullet passed through his opponent and hit the ground. The aliens were fading away into ash, like they had once before. But...how?

[Sorry for the short chapter, but the next couple will be about this length.]