Chapter Nine: Where We Are

"So you're saying we are the fifty percent. We ended up in another dimension? Wouldn't the stone just have killed us?" T'challa walked along the water with Wands at his side. Past the sugar cane was a light during the darkness that the King noticed, so they were on their way to investigate. "Not exactly. The stone's may have just sent fifty percent of the population away from that world. We may be on another planet for all I know. But what I can say is, I do not think we are dead." Wanda was trying very hard not to enter her own thoughts, so she occupied her mind with questions. "What makes you say that?" "Call it a hunch. But tell me dear, do you feel dead?" Wanda stopped walking, she did feel dead, on the inside. Pain was all she really recognized right now. "Sore subject. I know. Vision wanted you to do it, don't feel remorse for the inevitable." Wanda stood motionless, "It isn't just that. I feel like I lost more than I know." "We all did my dear. For now. Let's focus on moving forward, the past can wait." They both picked up their feet and trotted on.

Down the beach was a path into a corn field, an old lantern hung on. Near by post. It took about twenty minutes to walk the length of the road that lined with corn stalks, but at the end was an opening. There there was a cabin. Old and pretty worn down. The stairs to the porch were rotten, windows were broken, it looked like something out of  dream. "Why would this be here?" Wanda ran her hand over the old wood, feeling the rough spots with her finger tips. "I don't think there is an explanation for this world. It simply...exists. perhaps someone once lived here." "If we are part of th fifty percent, then where is everyone else?" The King enjoyed the questions, like the witch, he too wanted to escape his thoughts of the people he had failed. "Who knows how big this place is, they could be anywhere."

(Authors Note: Long time no see! So this story is going off totally AU until I see End Game. I will thread things together once that come out. But until then accept that this is completely AU fanfiction right now. Also, longer chapter will come. I'm sort of rushing through this part. Sorry!)