Chapter Three: Temptation

Jane was smirking and staying quiet, something she never does. We were put on a "mission" which was really just a groceries run. Which Jane always does. She invites people to go with her for specific reasons and now she invited me. She's one of the only two sho know my secret, and now I believe she knows about me and Hoodie. Sneaky Jane was probably listening on at the doorway. As I was contemplating this in my head I didn't realize Jane was looking me up and down, she then smirks and looks forward.

"So how's Hoodie." She asked, nonchalantly. It's obvious she knows and she's being a pain in my..

"Hoodies fine, I hope. He's on patrol with Jeff. Knowing them they would start fighting and end up going back early because Jeff decided he wanted to go on another rampage. Why do you ask?" I am trying so hard to sound bored and not interested.

Yep, she knows. I know that smirk anywhere. The sly little creepy girl. She must have been listening from the doorway the other night, or I may have kinda made it obvious this morning. Either way she's a snotty little spy. But I can't be mad , because she is my best friend. I look at her again and sigh, her mask is on and her makeup is covering most of her. I sigh and stop at our usual rest stop, a small rock area that looks like seats and a table. 

"Okay okay fine. Me and him are dating but I'm sure you already know this don't you." I'm trying my best not to seem pissed off. Her smirk already makes me mad half the time. She sits on the other rock seat thing and puts her head on her hands watching me.

"I dunno did I know? Or perhaps you just told me. Or perhaps hoodie did. Or maybe he told me about how he was going to take you to the state fair this year." She giggles out the last part. She's obviously loving what she's doing. On the other hand I'm not, but what she said does have me intrigued. The fair is something I wanted to  go to since it opened three years ago. I already missed the first two years. I could always hear the whooping and hollering from the amusement rides. The smell of the hotdogs and the pretzels and the fried dough. It felt like ages before I realized Jane was still watching me daydream. Jane giggles and gets up. "Cmon let's get shopping over daydreamer. The festival is tomorrow. Maybe you could tell hoodie about the "thing" tomorrow."

"That thing, would ruin everything we have." I growl out standing up.

"I know." Jane looks at me. I could tell she has a serious face.

So it comes down to a decision. I either tell him and break his heart or not say anything and risk him hating me forever when he does find out. Tomorrow was going to be the least fun I'm ever going to have. Me and Jane head into town with pretty much everyone avoiding us, he get the groceries and head home. The whole time my head was rocking with the thought of hoodies face. Frowning, angry, crying. I was running all possible ways this could happen in my head and none were good. I came inside and put the bags down in the kitchen. I didn't realize I walked passed hoodie who saw I wasn't thinking good thoughts. I went to the room and instinctively went onto my top bunk. I stared at the roof when hoodie came in and picked me up, placing me on his bed and pinning my arms down. This caught me off guard.

"I know something is wrong. What is wrong. You never walk in without complaining about something or coming to see me." Hoodies mask was off his face serious. His brown eyes intense. Half the time I think he should interrogate people.

"I'm just.. overthinking.. I'm fine hoodie I swear." I try to get out of his grasp, struggling and barely making progress.

I'm suddenly pulled into a hug and he lies on he bed with me. I catch a whiff of him. He was sweaty and had been working all day. But he still smelled like him. My heart melted and I slowly fell asleep in his arms. Hoodie covers me up and falls asleep holding me.