25. Longing

Trisha drove back to the hospital with all their daily supplies packed and settled. But one thing she missed was she forgot to tell her son in law that Zayn wanted to erase him off his memory for good. And that was before she found out Liam is alive and well.

She couldn't wait to break the news to her son, but then again she had to wait because they were going to surprise him instead. That was when she remembered what did her son say about his husband.

"Mum," He tugged on his mother's sleeve, made her turn his attention back on him, "yes, honey?" Zayn nibbled on his bottom lip, eyes looking down at his lap. "I want, um, I want to forget about Liam." He looked up at his mother, "do you– do you think I can do that?"

Trisha smiled, letting a few of her tears fell down. She had never expected this moment, but she knew it would happen.

She wiped her tears, smiling fondly. "That's for the best, yes."

She hurrily got out of the car once she parked it in the hospital's basement. She shook her head at the thoughts. Zayn was just woke up and almost fully recovered. And he had just realized the whole thing about his husband, now that he wanted to quit it for good. But the truth was on the other hand, would definitely hold him back because Liam is in fact alive.

Trisha wanted the best for both of them. She knew she would find a way.

When she stepped into her son's room, she found him still tucked neatly in the bed. He was snoring softly, his hands were on his stomach. He looked so peaceful, that Trisha didn't want to wake him up so she let him be.

She then decided to pick her phone up to inform Karen and Geoff about their son. She bet Liam's mind was only on Zayn that he hadn't say a single word about his presence to his parents. His parents deserved to know though.

Meanwhile at home, Liam wandered around. He stepped into every room in the house without any single intention in his head, he just missed the feeling of being at home. He had been through a lot, he worked so hard to get back here that his muscles were so tensed. He didn't even remember the last time he relaxed.

Liam only remembered about how every early in the morning he had to help the family to get in the town by paddling their canoe consisted of three adults, sometimes with their child too.

In the town they could sell and buy their daily supplies. He helped carrying lots of weight so that he could get paid too. But it wasn't much at all. So it was a quiet time he took then to collect all the money.

The last room he stepped into was their bedroom. His first instinct was to throw himself into the neat, queen sized, bed. He hummed at the feeling. It felt like it had been ages ago since the last time he laid on such comfortable bed. Like, it was made just for him.

The atmosphere was so calming. It was so much more different from the villager's house that he was previously stayed in. But he still felt incomplete without his husband near him. He missed his lover so much. He went home expecting that he would greeted by a pair of soft hazel eyes, but he was greeted Trisha instead, who delivered the news about his husband being amnesiac.

Liam sighed to the soft silk sheet underneath him. His husband's sweet strawberry scent was all over it. It made him longing to hold the youger man, longing to have him where he was at. He was so sure to himself that Zayn's presence could make him a lot calmer.

Or maybe he thought.

__________________________

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT, and I am so sorry this chapter is short. It's only a filler though.

I know I'm not used to writing author's note, but I just want to inform you that I'm going to end this book soon. Maybe.

So be ready.