[18]

After the party, we all got back to work. As I was wiping down a table, I was humming a song in my head. That song was sung by... Rize. Whenever she stayed the night, I'd fall asleep while we were watching a movie and my head rested on her lap.

I remember her soft hand running through my hair as she sang a sweet melody. I couldn't get the thought of Rize out of my mind. But I should forget about her. After all, she lied to me. But... I still remember how kind she was to me... It was all fake.

"Kaori." I gasped, startled, as I knocked over coffee cup that was on the table, shattering as it hit the floor. "Whoa! No need to jump. I was just trying to get your attention." Touak chuckled. "Sorry. I guess I'm a little distracted." I apologized.

I got a broom and dustpan and began cleaning the mess. "Hi~!" A voice sang. I looked towards the door as a rich-looking guy with purple hair walked in the room. "Oh, great. Him again." Touka said, annoyed. "Who is he?" I asked her.

"A jerk." She replied. "Hey, now. Is that any way to talk to a customer, Touka?" The man said. "Get lost, Tsukiyama." Touka said. "Tsukiyama?" I repeated. "Ah, you must be Kaori. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." Tsukiyama greeted.

"Uh... you, too." I said, awkwardly. Touka sighed. "Kaori, this is Shu Tsukiyama." Touka introduced. "I know I just met this guy, but I'm already creeped out by him." I whispered to Touka, making her giggle.

"Kaori-dear. I'd love to take you out for a cup of coffee." Tsukiyama offered. I don't even know this guy and he's already hitting on me. "Uh, I don't know. I mean, I have work and all." I explained.

"Oh, please say yes," I blushed when he gently took my hand. "You'd make me the happiest man in the world. Please say, yes. I could make your time... very entertaining." He said before kissing the back of my hand.

My face turned a deep shade of red. "Leave her alone! She's not interested!" Touka said, slapping his hand away. I looked towards the door as a customer walked in.

"Excuse me," I excused myself to serve the person who just walked in the door

"Excuse me," I excused myself to serve the person who just walked in the door. "Hi, welcome to Anteiku. What can I get ya?" I asked. "I'd like some coffee and some sandwiches, please. And also your phone number." The customer said before purring.

I blushed with a giggle. "I can get you the coffee and sandwiches, but I'm afraid I can't give you my phone number. I'll go get you your food." I said before leaving to get his order. I came back with his order, setting it down in front of him.

"Enjoy your meal, sir." I said, giving a small bow. I went over to a table with dirty dishes and cleared it. After I washed them, I went back over to the table to wipe it down, then I went back over to the customer I served. 

"Did you enjoy your meal, sir?" I asked as I picked up his empty dishes. "It was good, thanks." He said, putting his hands behind his head. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." I said as I picked up the last of his dish. "Well, thanks for the food. And this is for you," He handed me more money than needed.

"Buy yourself something pretty." He said, grinning. "Oh, this is too much." I said, handing the money back over to him. "Please, take it. I insist." He said, pushing the money back towards me. "Thank you very much." I said, giving a small bow.

He winked at me before leaving the restaurant. I smiled as he left, then noticed the napkin had writing on it. I picked up and examined it as it read: Hide, XXX-XXXX

'His phone number.' I thought. I chuckled while shaking my head before getting back to work.