I Want My Brat

Since dinner ended so late, everyone decided to stay for the night and leave at dawn. As badly as I want to sneak down to my brat's room, I don't trust that Minerva tagging along or Dok prowling, so I double-lock my doors. Yet as I toss and turn for two straight hours, I admit (to myself damn it) I miss my brat's warm arms pressing me into his hot body while he nuzzles my neck. I can't even sleep if he doesn't bite my shoulder just so, releasing all the tension in my body. I may or may not have moaned when I gingerly touch that spot now, but I know one thing for sure - I'm getting back my brat, to hell with anyone else.

I dress in warm pajamas and slip out quietly. I manage to make it to his room no problem, but when I look inside, I don't see him at all - I see Minerva curled up in a ball at the foot of his bed. I'm seething, red-hot anger clouding my vision.

"Oi!" I yell kicking the mattress. She yelps whipping around until she meets my glare. She cowers to a corner. "Where is he?"

"With a client," she stutters and whimpers. A client?

"Who and where?" I ask slowly, restraining myself as best I can.

"I... I-I can't say..."

"Why not!"

"Because I am behind you, Leutnant," that deeply accented voice whispers in my ear. My body involuntarily shivers, and I take a shaky breath. I try to turn around, but he prevents it by stepping closer. "You can go to them now, pet. And give her this," he says handing her a note. He then takes off her leash before she walks out of the room.

"Brat -"

"Get in the bed, Leutnant," he growls and walks to his dresser. I muffle an especially loud moan with both hands. I squeeze my eyes shut and take deep breaths. Is he angry with me? Why do I like his voice like this? What the actual FUCK!?

"I come back from a particularly stressful session to see someone harassing my new pet at two in the morning," he says walking slowly towards me. My body becomes hyper-aware of how close he is and twitches slightly. He stands very close behind me, almost hovering over me. "Now why is that?" he whispers in my ear. An involuntary moan vaguely escapes my hands as I feel my face turn pink. "Answer me, Leutnant."

"Why should I?" I retort back as steady as I could, embarrassed by how my body is reacting to this new side of him.

"You told me you were not leaving your room tonight," he answers directly. "Unless there was a reason you wanted to see me."

"I wanted to be with MY BRAT!" I yell whipping around to face him. He looks a little shock, but his face soon becomes neutral.

"What makes you think I'm not your brat?" he asks evenly. Is he... upset?

"My brat doesn't have nurses! My brat doesn't own humans as pets or recordings of himself! My br -"

"Recordings?" Fuck! "Recordings of what?" he asks. I keep my mouth shut. This is not how I wanted to talk to him about that. This is not how this conversation's supposed to be.

He looks into my eyes for another minute before sighing. "I am sure it will be fine for you to sleep here since clearly you are dressed for bed," he says rubbing his eyes. "Should you wish to actually speak to me, regardless of what you call me, I shall be outside on the grounds. Goodnight to you."

With that he walks out, closing the door behind him. I scream into the nearest pillow and choke on my tears. He was fucking right... he was fucking right.