Conference

(Two months later)

I'm pacing in front of a wooden table in one of the smaller rooms Arlert and I cleaned preparing for this day - Eren's "conference" or, as I see it, his third trial. It's been a rough two months not having him next to me. I didn't realize how much I depended on him to be somewhat normal: my eating habits changed, I was sleeping more than just 2-4 hours at night, even my nightmares were few and far between because of him. Without him I reverted back to before so quickly I scared myself - to the point where I snuck to the cabin twice one breath away from being unfixable. Eren soothed me and pieced me together again, though I could see how much seeing me like this hurts him. I don't want to hurt him anymore, not like this - I just want him back in my life.

"Sir, I'm sure everything will turn out fine," Arlert tries to assure me, but I can hear the uncertainty in his voice.

"Not with the questions they decided were just oh so important," I grumble pacing faster. Some of the questions I expected from the guys - "What's your secret?" and "Can I have their numbers?" being the common ones - but the girls were just vicious. I never thought they could be so coldhearted to other women, but I guess as long as they don't know each other, all bets are off.

"I'm worried about Mikasa's," he admits quietly with a sigh. "Since her jaw healed, she's been cornering me with her questions."

I growl. "I don't care if she is his sister, she needs to follow the rules like every-fucking-body else." To say I don't like or care for her is one of the biggest understatements of the year. I've met her glares with my own - like hell I'm letting her of all people walk over me. If not for Eren...

"I understand that, sir," Arlert says meekly, sensing my animosity for her. "I've told her just as much and have thrown out most of her questions since."

I stop pacing long enough to give him a questioning look. Why would he do that?

"They were mostly of why he didn't tell her and how he shouldn't treat women like that. Also why he didn't get her permission to do this kind of thing. Very ridiculous questions, but ones I expected of her," he explains shrugging his shoulders. What the fuck?

"Actually I have a question of my own," I put forth quietly. I had overheard his conversation with Petra, but there's something I need to know.

"What's that, sir?"

"How does she feel about him being in a relationship in general? It seems like she wants him to be happy, but only if she dictates how he can be happy and with who."

Arlert blinks for a few seconds before nodding his head. "That's exactly how she is about that. She wants him happy in general, but she wants him happier staying by her side."

"So she wouldn't take too well if he fell for someone else?"

"She wouldn't, per se," a new voice answers. Armin and I look toward the door to see Eren, still shackled, being followed by Mike. I start to rush to him but stop myself after a couple of steps.

"Is everything ready?" Mike asks throwing curious glances between the three of us.

"As ready as can be. Anything we need to know before we bring the brats in?"

"There will be more people here than just the cadets," Mike informs us. Eren looks hard at the ground.

"What do you mean, sir?" Arlert asks nervously. I move chairs around not wanting to think about the spectacle that's bound to happen.

"A few of the top brass will be here along with Zackly," Mike answers guiding Eren to the centermost seat at the table. "News of the meeting and dinner spread quickly, thanks to Dok. He didn't take being humiliated very well."