<Cole>

Smoke fills your lungs as you enter the kitchen, the fire alarm blaring in your ear. Through the thick cloud, you make out a figure dressed in black. Of course. Who else would it have been?

You cough in an attempt to rid your mouth of the fumes, trying to locate the actual source of the smoke. You pin it down to be the frying pan on the stove. Inhaling as little as possible, you pick up the pan and quickly drop it into the water in the sink. Soon after, the air in the room is breathable again, and you can finally get a good look at the culprit.

Shooting him a minor death glare, you raise your eyebrows in question at the black ninja. Your arms are crossed and your foot taps impatiently on the floor.

'Hey! Y/N, you ruined my cake!'

His comment startled you. That wasn't what you were expecting him to say. Judging from the ghost of a smile that flickered across his face, your shock was visible on your own features.

'First off, I think you ruined it yourself.' You retaliate, regaining your composure. You weren't really annoyed, in fact the whole situation was quite amusing to you. That said, if it had been any other ninja, you may have been having a full on go at them by now. But it's Cole, so, you know... You can't be mad at your crush for more than a second. Not that you'd ever tell him that, of course. You continue 'And secondly, why the hell were you using a frying pan to make a cake?!'

'Umm, because that's how you make a cake?' He asks, staring at you in disbelief, as if he doesn't understand why you didn't already know this method of cake baking. Your expression mirrors that of his own. How? H can someone that amazing be so awful at cooking?!

Snapping out of your thoughts, you shake your head at him and sigh. He looks at you, a little confused by your reaction, but you ignore it and head out towards the living room area. You find the other four boys in there, watching tv.

'Hey Y/N, what was the fire alarm all about?' Kai asks, glancing up to see you walk through the door. He then snickers slightly. 'Did someone let Cole cook again?'

He laughs as if it's a joke.

'Yes they did. Whichever one of you let him in there can go help him clean up. And nice to know you heard the alarm but didn't go to check!' You yell half-heartedly, dragging a hand through your H/L H/C hair. Sometimes you wonder if these boys who are supposedly heroes actually have any common sense.

'If I do recall, Y/N, it is your turn to cook, therefore it was your responsibility to ensure Cole did not attempt to make anything,' Zane comments, not even looking away from the screen.

Your face goes blank for a second as you try to recall whose night it is to make dinner. Then your features show your mild irritation and the ninja realize they have won the little argument after they hear you subtly storm out muttering a few choice words under your breath.

Checking the time, you realize you probably ought to start cooking dinner, and you head back to the kitchen. Cole is still in there, attempting to clean the burnt remains of what was supposed to be cake from the bottom of the frying pan. You stop in the doorway to watch him for a minute, as his back is slightly turned on you, and you observe as he sighs in frustration before walking to the bin and opening it. He drops the frying pan in, and a loud thudding sound rings out through the room.

You shake your head and laugh a little, and upon hearing you, he turns around to face you, a vague look of surprise coating his features. He looks like he wants to scowl at you or glare, but he ends up sending a small smile your way, making your heart flutter slightly.

'It's my turn to cook, are you done attempting to burn down the kitchen?' You question, laughing to yourself again as he finally manages to send you that glare.

'I'll have you know that would've turned out great if you hadn't interfered Y/N' he replies, looking straight into your E/C eyes.

'Mhmm' you hum as an initial response. A sarcastic one at that, 'Of course it would've done.'

'Hey, I know that was sarcastic. Don't get sarcastic with me,' he answers back, half playfully, half seriously, with a hint of 'I know more about cooking than you' attitude.

'Or what?'

He thinks for only a split second before replying.

'Or this.'

He steps forward and reaches towards you, gently cupping your cheeks with his hands and pulls you in for a soft kiss. Your eyes widen in surprise, but that almost immediately disappears and you close them, melting into the kiss.

As you both pull away, you see him smirk. He thinks he's won your minor dispute and left you speechless, and the blush on your cheeks isn't exactly arguing with that. But his smirk soon evaporates when you make a quick comment that brings out the blush on him as well.

'I might have to be sarcastic more often.'