Chapter 4

The clown leans against the wall, taking a deep breath once the 10 year old's door is shut. The banks have been slow and they had only stolen 3000$. Dividing that equally between himself, Harley, Ivy, Killer Croc, Bane, Catwoman, Scarecrow and Harvey (Two Face) only leaves him with around 370$ to buy the things his child needs, plus any bills that come in abut the house. The jester shakes away the thoughts and walks into the bathroom to remove his smudged red lipstick and light blue eyeshadow. He was slower than usual, letting out a deep sigh as he drags himself to his bedroom and sits on the bed. The room is a lavender colour with a black dresser and bed. The sheets on the bed, along with pillows, are purple and green. A large rug laid in the middle of the room along with three dog beds, all different colours: green, orange and purple. There were four bowls along the wall near the dog beds. Three had been for food and one for water. Joker's three hyenas were in the beds. The jester looks at his pale hands, light scratches on his wrists. Being a single, thieve parent isn't as easy as it sounds. There's only 7-8 people who trust him, not including his child (in whom does trust him). Its getting harder and harder to pay for all four animals, the house bills, his adopted child and himself. He flops back onto the bed, suddenly thinking about Batman and Robin. How /does/ Batman feel? Does he feel the same to Joker as Joker does him?
==Meanwhile==
Bruce was doing almost the same thing as Joker, but in a different house. He quietly ponders how he hopes the jester feels. His thoughts were quickly interrupted.
"..Master Bruce..?" The older voice spoke out, in which snapped Bruce out of his trance. The playboy slowly sits up, looking at the butler and pulling a fake, but warming smile. "Yes, Alfred?" He replies, putting back on his mask. No, not the Batman mask. "You have a call waiting in the Batcave. Mrs. Quinn needs to talk to you. It's about the Joker." He explains in a somewhat worried tone. The raven's mask slowly slipped away as he looked with a worried expression. He begins to walk down the hall towards the elevator. Arriving in the batcave with the mask on and seeing Harley's expression made the vigilante's heart shatter. She had clearly been in tears and sobbing for about 30 minutes. ".. Harley..? What's wrong..?" The dark knight asks the female jester in who is mentally, and physically breaking down into sobs. "I.. It's Joker.." She manages to say through panics and a few sobs. The bat listens patiently. ".. He's.. He's been cutting again, a.. And something bad just happened." She coughs. The bat actually feeling sorry. ".. He's in the hospital.." The female says finally, her breathing speeding up. The vigilante's heart skips a beat as he stops breathing in surprise. ".. Meet me at the hospital." The bat says as he hangs up and immediately gets into the batsuit.