Chapter 5. (Warning;; edgy and angsty lmao)

Harley sits quietly beside Mini Joker outside the room. Harley had no expression. She had taken off her makeup, most likely from all the tears. Mini Joker also had no expression.
It was 1:00am.
Batman quietly walks over to Harley, In who looks up at him with a slight relief in her stomach. The masked male pulls the short female to the side.
"What happened?" He asks, eager to know if his crush is okay.
She takes a deep breath. "Well.. Puddin'.. He- uh.." She takes a deep breath as she was about to cry again. She inhales sharply. "He.. Started cutting again.. And hit the lifeline." She begins to cry and lay her head on the bats shoulder. Batman's eyes widen as he freezes. A nurse comes out of the hospital room. She looks at the two adults, More at Batman.
"There has been a request to talk to Batman." She states.
The bat nods and slowly opens the door, looking at the heartbreaking sight. Joker laid in the bed, an IV had been injected into his arm. His wrists were tightly wrapped in gauze and his heart montor showed he was skipping heartbeats. But he was breathing.
That's all that mattered.
The vigilante sits on a chair beside the jester's hospital bed. He had deeper cuts going up his arms. What happened to make Joker start this?
The jester breaks through the man in black's thoughts as he begins to cough and wake up. He turned his head slightly to the side and smiles weakly at the bat. The bat smiled back.
"Hey, J.." He says finally in which breaks the silence.
"Hey, Batsy.. We, uhh.. Need to talk"
"No shit we do, Why the hell did you-"
"I'm stopping you right there-"
"J, Please.. Why did you do that? I just gotta-"
"Gotta know? I have a reasoning for it but its personal."
"Please tell me. We need to provent this from happening!" The bat pleads. He really does and always did care about the jester. Joker sighs and looks away, as the bat caresses his cheek. "Why the hell would you care anyways? You're always mean to me." He asks. The vigilante sighs. Yes it's true the two were normally mean to each other unless Mini J or Robin were around. ".. I know I am and I regret it.." The man in black says finally.
"I'll tell you this. It's not easy being a single parent that can barely care for his child because he's a wanted criminal." The jester says as his heart beat slows down to a normal pulse and he begins to fall asleep. Since when did the joker have feelings for anyone? It left the dark knight in shock: Joker is struggling with Mini Joker. Batman couldn't imagine how Joker would act without his sanity.. His son/daughter.. Looking at the jester made the vigilantes heart flutter. He just laid in the bed, weakly and
(currently) innocent. Batman finally knows: he does have feelings for Joker.

Admin note;;
I SWEAR THIS IS AS EDGY AS I'LL GET I'LL TRY TO KEEP THESE KIND OF CHAPTERS TO A MINIMUM-