Smell the Fear

Spell Caster stalked down a rocky trail. She had returned to her transformed state, but not of the Guardians version. They were family, but she figured they would be better off without her.  

 Her shadowy cape pulled and twisted towards the deepening shadows, pulling towards the shadows themselves. She ignored it as it provided camouflage for her when she needed it. 

 She looked down and saw a man in a clearing. She gained interest quickly, was she being followed? She looked around and noticed he was alone. She also took note it was twilight and only a man who did not care for his well being strayed out here this late.

 She made her way down the side of the hill using her Shadow powers. She finally came to the clearing and cursed as the man now wore a hooded cape. She knew she'd have to get closer. 

 She waited and waited and waited. Finally it was almost dark and he took off his hood.

Crimson. 

She tried to bite back her laughter. She clamped her hand over her mouth when he turned in her direction. She barely breathed. The first time she'd tried this Selena had busted her nose. 

 She was frozen in place and finally she decided to attack before he left, stealth was not one of her strong suits, and tracking? Forget it. 

 She transformed into a beautiful young lady of about 16 years. Her now blonde hair was long, falling to her lower back and was pink at the tips. Her top hung low on mirage breasts and her shorts were almost useless. She changed her eyes to a pale pink color and backed off from the clearing. She made sure to make a loud noise and stumbled into the clearing. 

 Crimson looked very surprised and very turned on at once. Spell Caster didn't really give a shit, he'd be fucked before he had a chance to...Well, fuck her.  Ironic, no?

 She looked scared then 'lost'. "Excuse me sir, where is the next town?" 

The next town to the south was about fifteen miles back, the next town to the north was eight. 

"Looking for someone?" he purred.

 Just one step closer, just one step closer...

He lunged forward suddenly and pinned an arm behind her back. Shit. He was thirsty apparently.

 "N-No! Sir! I need to get to  town to call my mother. We got separated."  

"Not until later, I hope."

"No. Now.

"Too bad."

 She kicked him in the knee and he fell, that was one of the good things about their fight with Cruor, he'd injured Crimson's knee. Permanently.

 He grunted and she could smell his fear as she transformed back. He cursed and tried to transform himself, but failed as she threw him into an aggressive fear  spell. A spell different from the one Ellie used. This one was the original. And lasted as long as life if Spell Caster desired. 

She watched him realize where he was. Inside his original captors basement once more. She could see through his eyes. And if she had her way, he would  never see the light of day again.

                                                                                                  * * * 

 Two days later... 

 Crimson was chained to the wall like a dog. Which was fitting since he was a hybrid. He hadn't moved. He couldn't move. Still being destroyed inside by his own fear. 

Spell Caster walked in and ignored the mess. She wasn't interested in playing nursemaid. She wasn't interested in her other prison. She wasn't even interested in Crimson. She was interested in the state of his mind.

 She'd never left anyone in a fear simulation for this long. And judging by the way his fears were, he'd be dead. Or should be. 

 She thought about how there were little hybrids left, she thought about how they were a dying breed and a thought crossed her mind.

Get yourself pregnant then kill him. He's only immortal because he's Selena's outlet. He is only immortal because Selena needs him. 

 She thought about this for a long time. Experiments, crossed her mind next.

How fucking twisted am I willing to become?

 She thought about the possibilities. Normally for her it was: sex, capture, (maybe torture), kill. There was no alternative. But she had been in Avalon's laboratory. She hadn't forgotten what she'd learned about the body or mental illnesses. 

 She wasn't interested in working with any mental illness, suddenly the thought of rewriting his mind was prominent. But why destroy his sanity when he had none left? Destroy the mind? What about trapping him in his own mind? 

 The thoughts were endless then she realized she needed to get back to the twin brothers and report how he was. 

 Would they help me? 

 She smirked as she ran her fingers down Crimson's sweaty, disgusting, jaw. The spell snapped like that and he screamed. 

 He shook his head to clear it then looked at her. His eyes widened in realization who was sitting in front of him and suddenly his body slumped. His eyes still stared into hers, but he was looking up instead of straight. 

 She had what she wanted. He was completely at her mercy. She held her tongue and reached for his face again. 

"Don't send me back." he whispered.

She barely heard it, she smirked and sent him back anyway. He'd be nothing more than a lab rat soon anyway. 

"It's too late, I've already made up my mind." she whispered back.

______________________________________________________________