Bastard Boy

Spell Caster walked into Oma's room. The priestess was nowhere to be found but the young child was there. Micheal. He was awake and eating and he stared at her. His eyes were huge and Spell Caster wondered if Mercedes had bled and it had gotten on her.

 The boy smiled sheepishly and patted the stool next to him. Spell Caster caught on and sat down next to him.

"Hello." she said plainly.

"Hi." Micheal responded shyly.

 Spell Caster's old feeling of disgust rose. She had to remind herself that this was a ten year old that had no idea he could be causing her a PTSD attack. He's ten, bitch. She scolded. 

"How are you?"

"Good." 

 She noticed a note on the table and reached over and picked it up. Oma had scribbled a quick note to Spell Caster--how the hell had she known she was coming?--and told her she had permission to take Micheal anywhere in the camp.

 She could take him and show him off to Maddie, who would love a son, but she glanced back at him. 

 He was staring at her with those eyes. They were sharp dark blue around the outside then the colors changed to baby blue.  Around his pupils he had a red ring. He had pale mocha colored hair and he wore a blue long sleeve shirt and jeans.

 She caught him looking her up and down. He was old enough to understand he was being a pervert.

"Excuse me, sir. But how old are you?" She asked sharply. 

His head snapped up and she gave him a look. A mom look.

"Ten."

"Then don't look at me like that."

 He blushed and nodded, suddenly afraid of her. 

"Relax, I'm not going to bite you." 

 In a attempt at a peace offering she summoned her magic. A blue ball appeared in her color and his eyes widened. "Magic." he breathed.

"You have it too." she answered.

"I do?"

"You do."

"How come I can't feel it?"

"Because you're not fifteen yet, are you?"

"I have to be fifteen?"

"Not always, but it is when your magic evolves." 

 He stared at her in awe and she closed her fist around it. Making it disappear.

"Would you like to learn how to use it?"

"Yes."

"Then we'll start now." 

 She got up and motioned for him to follow. He did and she sat down telling him to do the same.

"This is where we start. Lesson number one."

                                                                                                  * * * 

 By the end of the day Micheal knew the basics on magic offense and defense. Plus some basic self defense spells. And now to control it. Now he was eagerly telling Oma his achievements. 

"He's a fast learner." Spell Caster commented.

Oma smiled but gave Spell Caster a look over Micheal's head.

"Micheal, honey, why don't you get ready for bed?"

"It's seven thirty."
"Now."

 He scampered off and Oma stared at Spell Caster. "He has Selena's powers. And Crimson's. That child's magic needs to be repressed, extracted and destroyed. Then we wipe his memory and sent him to the mortal world where he will be safe."

"And what if Selena wins? She would kill him. He doesn't deserve that." 

 "Oh no? He's a demon. If you don't do something about him I will. That was why I was taking him to Selena. Do you know how much gold I would have received?"

"If you hate him so much, say your goodbyes right now. I'll take him in."
"The whore of the Magi-Verse raising the goddess's son? I won't allow it."
"That damn child is not dying. Go fuck yourself."

 Oma closed her eyes and moved for the door. Then she slapped Spell Caster hard.

Unfortunately Micheal heard.

"If you think I'm going to allow demon spawn to plague the Magi-Verse you're wrong. What if he shares your fate?" 

"He won't. My magic protects my children."
"But it doesn't your twins. It protects Mary and Ellie. Your daughter and daughter in law. Not your beloved twins."
"They are."

 Oma transformed and held a knife in her hand. Her oldness was gone and the younger version of her stood tall.

"Selena would love your head. And the location of these rebels. If you don't stand down this instant. You and the boy die tonight."

 Spell Caster was about to transform herself when a blast of magic hit Oma. Micheal. Oma detransformed in the intensity of the blast and Micheal struck again. And again. And again. Oma was dead that quickly.

 "Micheal stop!" Spell Caster shouted, transforming.

 She stood between Oma's body and his. "Stop." 

He stood down then realized he killed her. "She's dead."

"I know."
"I killed her."

"You didn't mean too." 

"I am a monster like my mother." 

 Spell Caster realized he knew who Selena was. And probably Crimson too. He sank to his knees and cried.

 She turned back into her mortal form and quickly told him something she only told children if they did something major. If they used their magic evilly.

 She wished she had been able to finish Oma off. But it didn't matter. The child was scarred.

And he needed every support she could give him. 

__________________________________________________________