Chapter 8

"ZUKO!?" Aang, Katara, and Sokka say baffled.

Your just as shocked as they are. "but you..."

"yeah I went a different way." Zuko nods and brushes his shoulder off. "I walked for about 10 minutes and found a large canyon that I had no chance of crossing." He crosses his arms and smirks a little. "I decided to walk with you instead but you had already disappeared. Instead of waiting at the ship I decided to follow you and I saw you come in here with the avatar." He glances at Aang and smirks. "you know what comes next."

"you'll never take me alive!" Aang growls glaring at Zuko.

"oh I think you'll come quietly." Zuko says placing his hand on the wall of the tree hut. "you wouldn't want anything unfortunate to happen to the old lady's house."

"you wouldn't!" Katara growls.

He lights a fire on the tip of his finger. "you want to test that waterbender?"

Aang looks at the old lady and then at his two friends and he frowns. "fine... I give up." he mumbles.

"what!? Aang no!" Katara protests.

"no Katara." Aang frowns. "we can't risk it."

"glad to see you understand." Zuko smirks and holds up some small metal chain from his pocket.

You frown as you realize this metal chain he is holding is the same one you saved him from when the villager tried to push him into the pit. "Zuko you don't have to do this." You protest.

"but I do have to do this." Zuko replies glancing at you. "and now that I know your weakness as well... I'm going to have to ask you to come quietly. I wouldn't want to have to hurt you."

"your joking right?" you stare at Zuko.

"nope." Zuko steps towards Aang holding up the chain. "so what's it going to be?"

-later-

Your growl to yourself as you struggle to undo the rope on your hands.

"I know your trying to break free." Aang grumbles. "but could you struggle less... you keep pressing the chain into my back... it kind of hurts..."

You look over your shoulder. "Sorry Avatar..." you glance over at Katara and Sokka who had been captured as well. "this is all my fault..."

In order to stop Zuko from damaging the old lady's hut you and the avatar had given up peacefully. Before Zuko had managed to get the boat unstuck Sokka and Katara attempted a rescue, but Zuko had been expecting them to try to save Aang and had been waiting for them. After that Iroh had come back to the ship and after seeing what his nephew had done he shook his head and then helped Zuko unstick the ship. You were now traveling towards the fire nation.

"it isn't your fault." Sokka huffs. "we're really bad at planning..."

"we?" Katara says offended. "my plan was great! It would have worked to!"

"yeah you say that but we still picked my plan... and you screwed it up!?" Sokka protests.

"I screwed it up!?" Katara growls.

"yeah!" Sokka fires back. "you got caught!"

"you got caught too!" Katara growls.

"after you got caught." Sokka replies.

"guys!" Aang growls. "now isn't the time. We need to find a way out."

You glance up over your head at a torch on the wall. The light it's emitting is so bright that everything around it is lit up and nothing near you is casting a shadow. "I'm sorry I can't be more help... I can't use the shadows if I can't reach them."

Aang looks up at the torch and smirks. "yeah your right. What if I blow out the light?"

"that could work." You nod. "but ho..."

Before you can ask the whole question the door opens and Zuko comes in with a smirk on his face. "finally I have you avatar." Zuko chuckles. "I'll take you to my father and I will be rewarded with my honor." He glances at the two friends of the avatar. "as for you two... I suppose we could always find you something to clean up around the palace." Then he glances at you and his smirk turns into a slight frown.

You glare back at him furious.

Zuko stares at you for a moment then then nods. "you are being moved." He clears his throat and picks you up off the ground. "three in this room is crowed four is far too many."

"wait where are you taking me!" you protest as he leads you to a different room.

"will you calm down." Zuko growls. "I thought you might like a more... private room."

"hu?" you huff. "why are you making me go back!?" you struggle but you get nowhere.

"well I thought we might be able to strike a deal." Zuko says opening a door to an empty room. "this room as no windows so you won't be able to use your shadow trick to get out." He glances at you and frowns. "I could tell my father you assisted me finding the avatar and that you then gave up willingly to return to your former life. He might give you reduced punishment."

"what if I refuse?" you growl.

"then I treat you as a hostile and you take whatever punishment my dad is going to give you." Zuko huffs. "and trust me it's not likely to be quick or painless."

"you'd really do this to me even after all I've done for you?" you look at the floor. "you have become... such a cruel and heartless person."

"you have until we reach the fire nation to make a choice." Zuko says cutting the rope off your hands. "until then you will stay in here and think about it." he shoves you into the room and locks the door.

You glare at the door from the floor. "I'm sorry I ever gave two craps about you!" you growl with tears in your eyes. "why has he become like this? He used to be a sweet guy."