Chapter 22

After a while Aang comes back into the room extremely worn out. He doesn't say anything just flops onto a bed and begins snoring. Behind Aang a young man with Black hair and Blue eyes enters the room.

"the avatar spent his remaining energy to help me." the man says. "I guess I can return to the village now."

"Damian?" you question looking at the person. "wow you look different."

"thanks." Damian smirks. "restoring my bending set me back to my youthful look. I feel alive for the first time in centuries."

"what will you do now?" you ask.

"I'll go back to the shadow benders and lead them. We'll leave this nonsense about blood and war behind us and finally get our people on the track to happiness like everyone else." Damian smirks and crosses his arms. "Aang should be alright after a nap."

"good luck." Zuko nods.

"I wish you both the best." Damian nods. "see you all later." He turns and leaves.

"then as soon as Aang wakes up we can go home." Zuko smirks and looks at you. "but before then...i... I'm kinda cold."

"hm?" you worry and check his forehead again. "you feel fine to me..."

Zuko chuckles. "well it wouldn't hurt to get another blanket. Would it?"

"I don't think there are any more blankets." You say looking around.

"then what about you?" Zuko questions with a smirk.

It takes you a moment to realize he means that you should join him in the only other bed in the room.

-later-

You open one eye and see Aang smiling back at you and Zuko. It freaks you out a little bit but you had kind of been expecting him to stare. When he notices your awake he looks at Zuko and chuckles a little. "I see you two are getting along alright now."

"don't ruin it." you reply looking at Zuko over your shoulder. "what time even is it?"

"time to be heading back to the fire nation." Aang replies.

"one door closes and another opens." You chuckle and start to wake Zuko.

"or one door closes and... you find a wall and knock it down with brute force." Aang laughs.

"where'd you hear that?" you wonder.

"i... I don't know..." Aang frowns. "just sounded funny."