Chapter 11

After the defeat of Zhao, you wait for Zuko to wake up then you and Zuko explain to Aang and his friends that you plan to end this war. Aang suggests that he was already going to fight the fire lord on the day of an eclipse which would be in about three days time.

"yeah we had already been planning to end this war." Aang nods rubbing his wrist. "it's good that we happen to be on the same side because that helps my plan." He chuckles a little bit.

"plan?" Sokka says raising an eyebrow.

"yeah." Aang shrugs. "I let Zuko catch me so I could go into the fire nation first and start preparations for the allies arrival."

"allies?" Zuko questions.

"wait..." Sokka covers Aang's mouth with his hand. "is it safe to talk about this in front of Zuko?"

Aang nods.

Sokka frowns. "you're sure?"

Aang licks Sokka's hand.

"ewwww!?" Sokka waves his hand around. "that's gross!?"

"sorry." Aang chuckles. He turns his attention back to Zuko. "I know you haven't given us any reason to trust you... but somehow I get the feeling you aren't lying to me. I'm a very good judge of character and I knew from the moment I first met you that you are a nice person. Even though you hide it."

"I suppose I owe you all an apology." Zuko crosses his arms. "I guess I should have just explained myself from the beginning but I thought you wouldn't help me so I had decided to force you before even asking if you would..."

"no big deal." Aang smiles.

"no big deal!?" Sokka growls. "I have rope burn on my wrists and ankles!?"

"be quiet Sokka." Katara grumbles.

"so... you said you had... allies?" Zuko questions.

"the Kyoshi warriors and the water tribes have agreed to help." Aang says with a small smile. "on the day of the eclipse..."

You interrupt as it just dawns on you why this was so important. "firebending will be weaker."

Zuko looks at you somewhat confused.

"when Sozen's comet passes by... firebending is boosted... so it would stand to reason that blocking the sun..." you put your hand on your chin. "stops firebending for a little while."

"but only during the eclipse." Aang nods. "for that short amount of time the fire lord will be helpless to fight us and we will have an advantage."

Zuko frowns looking at his hands. "then... I won't even be able to help."

"that isn't true." Aang replies. "you know the palace better than any of us. This information is vital to us."

"in that case..." Zuko puts his hand on his chin. "if my father knows about this weakness in our defenses he may take measures to protect himself during this time. I am certain he will try to hide in the underground caves that lead from the palace to all over the fire nation." He nods a few times. "but that's only if he expects an attack. I'm sure he's well prepared."

"great." Aang nods. "then we just need to figure out what he's going to do on the day of the eclipse."

Zuko puts his hand on his chin. "I think I know where he might try to hide..."

-later-

"so then you will meet up with your allies here at the dock." Zuko says pointing to a map. "while I go and search the underground caves." He glances up at Aang. "you'll enter through the palace into the caves and meet me here as the eclipse is starting. By then I should have found his hiding place." He glances at you. "you'll be with me so that when the eclipse begins you will still be able to fight."