Ch. 12

Cassandra's POV;

His kiss left a tingling sensation of warmth on my lips. A kiss that made me feel wanted, and memories started filling my mind. I'm not suppose to be liking him like this, I can't, I can't risk his life, or family, or friends. I can't be the reason of taking a persons life.  Especially if my grandmother found out, I won't be able to talk to him, I don't want that to happen. I like being with him, he makes me happy for once.. I guess that's another reason why I cried and left. He made me happy, and I'm not used to it.

First period is going by to slow, avoiding Blake's eyes is the most complicating thing in the world, especially when I could feel his eyes burning into my neck. I feel so bad, I bowed my head in shame, letting my hair hang down into my face so, I could pay attention to my test. Hm, I wonder how he's doing? Since, he didn't even pay attention to our studying. I giggled softly to myself, which got Mr. Bryan's attention. He looked up from his book on his desk, then looked back down. Oops, I smiled softly to myself. I looked back unconsciously, meeting Blake's eyes made me freeze, his eyes were red as if he'd been crying. The bags under his eyes.

Blake..I though to myself.

I gave him a sorrow filled look, and he looked down, finishing his test. I turned my gaze back to my test, and sighed.  I knew all of these answers, but I didn't once keep my mind off of Blake, I leaned my head on the palm of my hand.

God, Blake. You're making this more complicating than it should be. Why can't you just accept this.. I sighed deeply.

About ten minutes later Blake got up to put his test on the teachers desk. When he turned around to walk to his desk. He was the one to avoid eye-contact. He's really hurt.. I didn;t mean to hurt him as bad as I had. Why does my life have to suck so bad..

~~~~~~

Blake's POV;

"You look terrible, Blake." Ryan said looking at me with a worried look.

I laughed silently. "Yeah, well. I guess that's what happens, when you kiss a girl you like, and she walks away." I said avoiding his eyes

"For real?! What the hell happened?" He jumped back quickly.

I'm not sure really. She got upset and, I tried to help, but she walked away." I said it so hesitantly not trying to recall what had happened, feeling her hand slip out of mine, and seeing her expression just broke me. I've never been this hurt over anyone, but why her all of a sudden change of a emotion?

Ryan out his hand on my shoulder. "It's alright bro everything will get better." He winked pointing to Clarice, and Beatriz. Whom were gawking at me like lost puppies.  I caught their eyes, and they smiled big blinking their eyes so much they looked like they were twitching.  They stood up and scurried over here, as fast as they could in stilettos, and mini skirts.  Clarise, grabbed my arm and pulled me close into my fake chest. She looked up at me and puffed out her lip,

"Are you alright, Blakey?" she talked in a baby-ish voice. I looked down at her and scowled.

"Blakey? The hell." Ryan mocked laughing.  I pushed my ex girlfriend away slightly, and scanned the area. Catching Cassandra's eyes. The hurt that filled her eyes, pierced my heart once again. She clutched her books closer to her chest, then continued walking. The guy walking with her looked over in my direction, I know who that was. Brent, he shook his head then wrapped his arm around her shoulder. The jealousy hit me hard, I reached my hand out towards her, taking a step but Clarice got in my way. 

"Cass-" Clarice cut me off.

"You don't need her. You have me." She looked up at me.

"Move." I pushed her out of the way gently.