[Mister Rainbow Skittles] Kamui x Reader

"But Kamui loo—"

"no!"

"bu—"

"I said no! and that is final Y/N."

You fought the urge to smack your boyfriend in the face. He is being grumpy today, well, yes, he is grumpy everyday but today it seems like he is always on edge.

You were telling him, or rather, begging him to keep the cat that you saw on the street. It has brown fur and he looks really cute, it would be nice to cuddle with him, only, your boyfriend refuses to let the cat stay in your house.

It has been an hour now, you unleashed everything you could; puppy eyes, puppy eyes with heart fingers, a kiss, but Kamui just won't give in.

"Y/N, you know, the cat—"

"Mister Rainbow Skittles." you cut in, cradling the cat on your chest,

"what?" Kamui furrows his eyebrows,

"his name, don't call him cat. he has a name Kamui,"

"okay, no. No, no. I'm not calling him that. And why'd you name him? I didn't say we can keep that cat."

you huffed, glaring at your boyfriend, "fine! I'm gonna call you Yato then. You like that? huh Yato?"

"Y/N sunshine, you know that I hate pets and I can't live with one in the house." Kamui tried, but really, you can't see why a cat bothers him this much, you just wanted to keep the poor thing.

"okay then," you said and he raised his eyebrows, looking at you in disbelief,

"okay? as in, you won't keep him?"

"no! I'm still keeping him. If you can't deal with living in the same house with Mister Rainbow Skittles, then you're going out. Out of my house!"

You said as you let down Mister Rainbow Skittles on the sofa then shoved Kamui out the door, closing it with a slam.

"B-baby y—" Kamui groaned as you practically slammed the door on his face.

There isn't really a problem in keeping a pet, really. If only Kamui isn't terrified of them.

Okay, no.

Maybe he's just a little scared. The Yato might be fearless and practically can face everyone in the whole fucking solar system to the ends of the universe but if it's something then no thanks.

There is a reason why his father is the only one who slayed monsters across the universe.

so yes, Kamui is a little scared that if you keep the cat, he'd screw everything up. Besides, he is not used to caring for others (except you, because you're special,) so he's scared to try and cherish other things.

Kamui sits in front of the house, eyeing passersby. He is sure that you would let him in eventually, he refuses to believe that you'd choose a cat over him; because he'd choose you over anything.

but hours later, he doesn't feel like you'd open the door, 

heck.

'if she fucking likes the cat, why not keep it? deal with it Kamui.'

he thought,

After having an internal debate with himself, finally admitting that he is a jerk for not letting you keep the cat, he knocks,

"Y/N? Yah, open this door. I'm sorry. We can keep the ca—I mean, Mister Rainbow Skittles."

he cringes mentioning the name and fought back the urge to cuss.