House of Wind (After dinner)

"You know, " Mor chuckled, as she plumped down on the couch next to Azriel, "I heard Lei's engaged." She winked at Cassian, who sat across from her, fiddling with a Siphon.

After dinner, Feyre and Rhysand had gone back to the townhouse, muttering something about unfinished business, and Amren and Nesta had gone off to the window ledge, to practice the latter's mental shielding. Azriel noticed that Elain had quietly walked over to the  veranda, and was now leaning on the edge, looking towards the Rainbow.

"To whom?" snorted Cassian, "I can't think of anyone who would want to marry her" . 

Mor rolled her eyes, and stretched out her legs on Azriel's lap. He tensed slightly, but quickly recovered and put his hands on her ankles. 

"Be happy for your former lover, Cassian" Mor smirked, " at least she isn't going to spend the rest of her life with a imbecile like you". 

Cassian gave her the finger, but his eyes quickly flicked to the corner, where Feyre's sister sat. "Who knows, she might be marrying someone like you" he said, and Mor snickered, examining her red painted fingernails. 

Azriel leaned his head back on the couch and looked up at the ceiling, hands still on Mor's ankles, as the three of them sat in silence. He quieted the whispers of his shadows, and closed his eyes. 

Images of his nightmare from the night before flooded his thoughts. The looming Cauldron, Cass's destroyed wings, and that white hot blinding pain in his side as Mor kneeled beside him, sobbing. Everything played out before his eyes, as he lay helplessly on the cold, blood-soaked ground, unable to do anything. Even after years and years of it, his training was futile in that moment. But in his nightmares, Feyre's sisters would never resurface after they had been thrown in. The Cauldron would consume them and their final screams would echo-

Shadows flaring, he snapped out of his thoughts with a sharp inhale. He felt Mor tilt her head towards him, brows furrowing in concern. He pursed his lips and softly pushed aside Mor's ankles and stood up. 

"What's wrong?" she asked, setting her legs down. Cassian looked up.

Azriel shook his head, "It's nothing. I'm - I'm going to go," he muttered, jerking his chin towards the veranda and beyond. He pretended not to notice her eyes flicker to Cassian and the slight shrug of his shoulders as he looked away.

Relieved that they didn't press him further, he walked to the veranda, shadows raging.

Continuation of this scene coming soon <3

Let me know what you think in the comments !