Bond?

Chapter 6

Theodore's pov

It has been two days in this place and the H.O.C has not said anything yet, even though all the leaders and elders as well as the council members, young and old are here. And it's starting to annoy me that he's just quit and doesn't say anything, but I'm starting to form some theories in my mind about this danger he didn't talk about yet.

Two days has passed since the huge confrontation between me and Ekon. And I'm still angry at it. Angry that he got to me and made me lose my shit in front of everyone but I don't regret shouting in his face, it made me a bit comfortable actually to get all of this out to his face and a tiny bit of My cruel self actually enjoyed him being hurt which is wrong and weird considering the fact that we are mates and such feelings wouldn't ever appear in a mate bond. The bond would even prohibit such emotions by blocking them or hiding them away from us so that everything would be peaceful in this relationship.

The bond doesn't leave us a room to destroy a beloved or a mate relationship. Or that's what it's supposed to do. but the opposite happened with us which leads me to think that something must be wrong on many levels.

As much as I don't tolerate Ekon's face or his presence, which gives me awful reminders and I don't want anything to do with this filthy connection binding us. I still am curious towards this bond thing. It feels like it's detriorating and slowly dying away, which again raises huge question marks in my mind. As a kid we've all been taught that the strongest connection ever between two souls is a mate bond. It strengths with time if you are in your mate's presence and weakens a bit if you're far away and it starts numbing, key word numbing, if you haven't been with your mate for a long period of time. In my case, it was ten years. But it never breaks and isn't destructible. It could never vanish or disappear like that, because simply it's believed by the old elders and leaders that each person has half a soul and when you find the other half of your soul in a person then this person is your soul mate, so one can never simply get rid of half of his soul.

Therefore no one has ever heard of a mate bond broken completely and ties cut off. And no one has the ability to do It. Either by magic or by the goddess the wolves believe in, herself. Even my mentor told me these information many times before, when I used to ask him for a way to destroy any connection between my mate and I. But he always had the same answer.

'Nothing could ever break it. No matter what you try. No herbs, no magic, no any live or dead creature posses the ability to perform such thing.'

So even though I believed him, I still spent all these years looking for a way to do the impossible as everyone calls it. Throughout all the places I roamed and discovered, none had a solution. So I looked for alternatives. Which is to simply numb the bond and quieten it down to the extent of not feeling it or it's effects at all. So I searched on how to perform this and learned about it and all it's troubles, effects, loop holes and any collateral damage that could happen.

But I haven't tried it yet. And I'm still not sure when to start because the process will need three days minimum and that's if we were to perform it fast so it might even take longer. Moreover, unfortunately i still need his blood consent in this for the process to work good without any negative side effects.

And this Antonio is making us wait for no reason while I could be doing something useful outside. Like killing some abusive, sadistic a**holes or something. Or even preparing my stuff for this ritual.

But back to my question marks questions. I'm still wondering how can our bond be weakening like this when in fact we are even in the same place. The opposite should happen and I should start feeling it again but no such thing is happening, I'm happy yeah that I don't feel it as much as I used to because that would have broken me from the inside so hard.

If my body and heart betrayed me and my mind because of some stupid bond that controls my feelings, that would have raised hell with me and made me see red. Because after all the pain and humiliation I went through, some petty words of his wouldn't make me suddenly fall in love with him or throw my self into his open arms. And for sure not a dumb bond will make me forgive and forget his real personality.

Word count: unfortunately 850 words only this time. I was so quick to write this one guys because I'm kinda in a hurry these couple of days but I still felt like updating. I will be sure to extend the next one tho.

Peace. ♡