6:

I had gotten out of school and was walking home. I kept expecting Kaya to barge up to me screaming about something or other. But she wasn't. I assumed that maybe she had decided to hang out with a friend after school so I let my guard down.

      I pulled my phone from my pocket and unlocked it. I opened my contacts and added Finn's number to my contacts list, careful to get the numbers exactly correct and checking it several times to be sure. Then, I saved it, and nervously sent a test message.

      I didn't text many people so I was honestly scared something weird would happen and he didn't reply for a while so I thought I must have done something wrong and mentally screamed at myself for being so incompetent.

      I turned my phone off, returning it to my pocket. But I continued to check it every couple minutes to see if maybe he'd replied.

      Finally I got a reply.

----------

Me[read]: Hello. This is Finn right?

sent 3:37pm

Finn[3:53pm]: ye. who's this???

Me[read]: Lukas

Finn[3:54pm]: o cool. just checking :) what's up???

Me[read]: Nothing really. I guess I just wanted to be sure that you didn't give me a fake number or that I misread your handwriting.

Finn[3:55pm]: u text like a flippin granma

Me[read]: Is that a good thing?

Finn[3:57pm]: no dingus. it means your a granma 0^o)

Me[read]: That's not how you spell grandma. Also, wrong form of your. It's you're.  And what is 0^o)?

Finn[3:58pm]: ur ridiculous. stfu dork

Me[read]: ?

Finn[4:00pm]: really?

Finn[4:00pm]: it's a face

Me[read]: I don't get it.

Finn[4:01pm]: wtf even are you? why did i agree to be friends with u

Me[read]: At least I'm not mean (sidenote: I now see what you meant by 0^o) being a face)

Me[read]: Oh wait, I'm gonna try to come up with one. OvO)

Me[read]: Is that good?

Me[read]: Do you see the face?

Finn[4:07pm]: ur literally the funniest excuse for a teenager ive evr met

Me[read]: What? What did I say?

Me[read]: No really...?