Gifts

Ishika's POV:

"How's this one?" I asked again, holding a new watch to show him, and he just - yawned.

"God Ishika this is the 54th watch in a row, and yes I'm counting. Its nice. Happy? Now buy it." Rohan said and again - yawned! Without even looking at the watch.

I shook my head, still not convinced and started my hunt for the 55th watch, as Rohan said it, that I was going to consider.

We've been here only for the past 45 minutes, and Rohan is already bored. Now who's gonna explain to him that selecting a gift, specially for your boyfriend, is tough. And time-comsuming. And besides, men's things don't have much choices. It all looks the same. Its only black, white or silver! Almost like a black&white movie.

Last week Sachin gifted me a cute Mickey-mouse soft toy, that I totally adored! I found it sweet that he got something different than those regular teddy bears. Not that I don't like teddy bears but come on, they're becoming so common!

I spent days thinking, not at all able to decide what I could buy for Sachin. My sweetheart saviour of a best friend then came up with the idea of a watch. Perfect.

Maybe its only me, but I somehow find guys sexier when they have that look of sleeves casually folded up to the elbows and flashing a sexy watch, giving them a perfect rough, manly look. I immediately find it so - hot and irresistable! So the idea of a watch for Sachin was quite - tempting.

Rohan did not want to come shopping with me, but I dragged the poor guy along, convincing and also trying to bribe him in all ways possible.

"Get aside." Rohan ordered getting up all of a sudden, making me flicker at the sudden sound.

"What? Why?"

"You just sit down now. I'll do the selection thing." He stated,cleraly pissed off.

"What? No.. I want to do the selection." I pouted.

He scowled "I saw how you're doing the selection. Now just sit down here quitely." He said, pointing towards a chair.

"But how do you expect me to select from these? I mean come on, they're all looking the same." I reasoned, while he walked to a different side of the counter, already trying some watches on his own hand.

After a maximum of 4 trys on his own, he turned to me to show me one "This one looks perfect. Buy this." And it was really what he said - perfect. It was a designer watch which had a big white dial and dark blue denim straps, which were perfectly broad. I simply loved it.

"Oo la la. This one's so perfect." I admired its beauty but still, the woman in me wanted to check out for something. "Uncle are there any more colors in this design?"

With this, Rohan banged his hand on his head, slumping back on his chair.

-------------------------

"These passages are boring the life out of me!" I whisper-complained to Pooja, who was fidgeting her pen, equally bored on the current passage-solving session going on in English.

In my heart, I was just jumping for the moment when I would give Sachin his gift. By the way, I finally settled for the watch that Rohan had selected. Or rather he made me settle for that.

After what seemed like an hour, the lecture finally ended. I quickly put my things in my bag and rushed towards the canteen.

I spotted Rohan sitting there with Diya. Rushing to them, I asked "Where's Sachin?" I noticed Rohan putting his hand down silently and that's when I realized, he had been waving at me all this time, and I just didn't notice that.