The most familiar strangers

Ishika's POV:

One more week passed in a flash. It was the day of the first match of the tournament, our team against St. Martin's college. I wanted to avoid the whole tournament altogether, but then my friends convinced me, rather forced me to come.

So here I was! Right at the entrance of the playground where the match was suppossed to take place. I saw some of the players had already arrived on the pitch. Few of them were discussing something within their team and few others were busy warming up. I just put my head down and walked towards the location where Karan had told me they were seated.

"Ishika!" I turned around at Pooja's voice.

There they were! I spotted them sitting a little away from where I was so I quickly made my way there.

"Hey guys!" I greeted all of them there and settled between Karan and Soham. Pooja was sitting besides Karan and Ashish, besides Soham.

"How much time's left for the match to start?" I asked. I actually wanted to just get over with all this as quick as possible so that I don't have yet another awkward bump-in with my 'ex-best friend' .

"There's still some 15-20 minutes left. Chips?" Ashish offered me a packet which I promptly grabbed, after sighing at the more time that I have to wait here.

Just then, my eyes caught something happening near the ground. Rohan was standing there near the commentory box, nervously tapping his feet, while munching on a - frankie? Dumbo! Idiot! Who eats a frankie before a match?!

I instantly had a memory of how he gets all nervous before any match, however important or unimportant it is. And then just to keep himself busy, he keeps on munching on something or the other. I used to forcefully keep him away from the junk food and get some juice or veggies. And constantly accompany him so that he dosent get hyper and also dosent get to serve himself some junk food.

And nopes, this time too, he wasn't serving himself. It was his new best friend doing that for him! She was holding a bottle, which I guessed to be some soft drink, and was passing for him to drink time and again. I rolled my eyes at the sight! Ignorance seriously isn't bliss!

Two weeks have passed since my fight with Rohan, and let me tell you, it hasn't been easy. Each time we bump into each or just pass by, it becomes really awkward. But what amazes me more, and not in a positive way, is how casually Rohan is reacting to all this. As if nothing is wrong. He always looks happy like ever with his new "best friend". For him, nothing has changed. Just instead of me, its Diya now. I know I myself was rooting for them earlier. That time, how I wished they become a couple, but now, even the sight of the two together irks me to no limits.

Finally, after what seemed like more than a couple of hours to me but in reality, just 25 minutes passed, the match finally started. Our team won the toss and decided to bat first.

---------------------------------------

After an hour and a half:

The playground was roaring with whistles and yays cause its not very often that one encounters such a nail-biting match - NOT! Our team got all out @49 runs off 8.5overs in this 10-overs format. A score which St. Martin's team easily chased in just 7 overs!

Two of our strongest players got out for a duck and our Mr. Caption - Rohan got 15runs off 21 balls! You can imagine our pathetic plight.

The whistles and yays from the opposite team, our other rivals and their weren't helping either.

Verdict - First match of the tournament - Lost!

There was another match between two other but I didnt want to sit for it. 

"I'm heading home guys." I announced while getting up from my seat.

Ashish and Soham too did the same. Ashish said "Yaa we too will make a move now. This match ruined my mood totally!"

Soham also added in an irritated tone "Yeah man totally! I didn't expect such a performance from our team yaar. That too in the first match itself."

"I know" Pooja said "Specially Rohan. He is..." She said and suddenly stopped and looked at me. "Sorry. It just slipped."

I gave her a fake smile "Nah! Its fine."

By now, everyone in my group knows about me and Rohan not talking. Though they still aren't aware of the real reason, they do know that we had a fight.

"Err... I'll move now. Bye. Bye guys." I said, already making a move.

"Hey wait. We'll drop you home." Soham said.

"No its fine. I'll manage. You guys anyways have to go in the opposite direction. Karan, Pooja, you guys are staying back right?"

Karan nodded in a yes. "You take care and call me when you're home."

I nodded and left.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Auto!" I called for the nearly 15'th time in a row but no autorikshaw was ready to go to my destination.

Damn! I guess I should've just let Ashish drop me home. I thought to myself.

Next moment,  I did the only thing that could do right now - walk to nearest bus-stop.

I was waiting there for a bus or auto to come.

Standing alone, my mind still wandered around Rohan and Diya's growing closeness. First he hurts me, then dosen't even say sorry and behaves as if everything is perfect! How could you do this Rohan?!

Just then, my heart stopped when I saw Rohan on his bike all alone, waiting at the traffic signal. His eyes fell on me at the exact same moment that I saw him. Our eyes locked for a moment before both of us moved our gaze away.

He would definitely stop his bike near me and take me home. I thought. How much ever angry we were with each other, he wouldn't just leave me like this to travel alone. 

The signal turned green and without giving me a second glance, Rohan sped off. My mouth remained agape seeing that. Why did I even expect him to stop? My fault! My fault! I gulped down the lump in my throat and stepped back.

Just then a car honked and stopped just in front of me. I was taken a bit aback at first but when I took a closer look, it appeared overly-familiar.

The window rolled down, revealing Sachin, who was staring straight at me "Come in."

I was a bit skeptical to go with him "Ermm... Thanks but..."

Getting down from the car, he walked over to my side and opened the passenger door "So what if we're still friends, aren't we? Come on now" He said gesturing me inside.

Without arguing further, I settled down in his car. Ok. Deep breathe. I know this is gonna be awkward! Super awkward!

******************************
Hiii guysss.... Wassup! How was Diwali?? I hope you guys had loads of fun like I did!

So what did you think about the chappie?? Please Vote / Comment! :)