Chapter 1:

I ran as fast as I could. I was trying to get away without them catching me. The bag in my mouth was slowly slipping out while I was running. If they caught me, I was dead meat. I stopped for a moment to catch a breathe. I glanced around and listened carefully. Nothing. Nothing but green forest. My old pack, The Sunshine pack, was anything but sunshine. It was like the living depths of hell. They're the reason I'm running away.

    "Emmy? How much longer are we going to run for?" My wolf, Raine, asked.

    "A little longer, Raine. I'm going to find a place to rest. Just hang in there." I replied before cutting off the mind link. There was a snap to the left of me. I quickly snapped my head to look in that direction. A good looking guy was standing there with an angry face.

   "What are you doing on our territory, Rouge?" I heard the manly voice shout. I knew I should run but I couldn't. It was like I was frozen in my tracks, not moving an inch. I heard the footsteps come closer as I looked at the ground.

    "Answer me!" The deep, creepy voice barked. I cautiously nodded up and down to tell him I was still in wolf form. The man growled deeply, his rank showing by his dominance.

  "Shift!" He commanded. I flinched but obeyed his command. I shifted back into my human form. His eyes widened as he took me in, looking me up and down, then growled out; "What's your name and rank?" I looked down and stayed silent, listening to the man growl. He lifted his hand and smacked me, hard. It stung like a bitch. Tears were slowly rolling down my face as I felt my lower lip quiver. "My Alpha will be here soon." He smirked and chuckled darkly.

Lucas's POV:

"Alpha, we have a rouge on our land and she isn't talking." Axel, my Beta, mind linked me. I growled. What is their plan now? 

"I'll be there in a moment." I replied. I groaned. Why today out of all days? Can the rouges not go one day without coming on my land? Especially on my birthday. I ran out of the pack house and shifted when I got into the forest. My dark, midnight black wolf started running, following Axel's scent to the border of our territory. When I got there, I had smelt a fragrance of mint and rose. I walked over to Axel to see a beautiful girl with long dirty blonde hair and icy grey-blue eyes. They were beautiful. She was beautiful.

    "Mate! Mate!" My wolf, Moon, yipped in joy. I shifted back. The girl's eyes widened as she saw me shift before looking down and blushed. I raised my eyebrow and crossed my arms. 

  "What's going on here, Axel?" I asked. My wolf was starting to get angry by the fact my mate was naked in front of Axel.

    "This was the rouge I told you about." He answered and shrugged. He then smirked, walked up to the girl, and smacked her across the face , making her whimper out in pain. I growled and threw him up against a tree, pinning him by the neck.

   "If you ever lay your hands on my mate again, I'll slit your throat and tear you to little pieces. Do you understand?" I growled. Moon was ready to show himself and shift to kill Axel for laying a hand on my mate. He nodded in fear, watching me with curious eyes. I felt sparks go off as a hand touched my shoulder softly. I let go of Axel's neck, turning to see the grey-blue eyed girl. As I stared into her eyes, I saw fear but also compassion.

    "Perfect!" Moon howled. I wrapped my arms around her and let her know the one thing that popped into my head at the time.   

"Mine."