Chapter 11:

Emily's POV:

I sighed and shook my head, my nails slowly digging into my arm as I clench it. Zion also sighed and took my wrist into his hand, slowly taking it away from my arm.

"I told you, Emmy. It's okay. I understand where your wolf is coming from. I never should've left like I did. I'm so sorry. It's my fault you're in this mess and if I could go back in time and take you with me, I would." Zion said, making me look up at him gently.

"It's fine.. I got used to it.. I got over the fact that you left.. Raine on the other hand... did not as you can tell.." I said, rubbing the back of my neck anxiously. He nodded ad shrugged.

"And it's completely understanda-" Zion got cut off by Vincent running in.

"Alpha. Six people were killed in the attack, four were injured. I chased a scent into the North West part of the woods but got cut off half-way into them." Vincent said, looking at all of us in the room. I watched Lucas as he nodded and sighed. I felt my face turn pale as Lucas turned and looked at me.

"Send Octavia and Artrix to patrol the borders. Send the doctor to check up on the dead and injured and dead pups and Vincent, search the woods to see if you can find the scent again. If not, report back to me." Lucas said. Vincent nodded, looking at me and giving me a soft smile before heading out. Lucas turned to me. "How would you like to meet the pups as the next Luna?" I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding and smiled softly, nodding. A distraction is a good thing... I think so at least. Plus, I like kids. So it'll more than likely be a good thing for me at least. "Alright. Go change, love." I nodded and went to go change. Once I got to the room, I found a shirt and a pair of sweatpants that were Lucas'. I changed into them and went pack to the kitchen, meeting Lucas once more.

"We're going to have to mate with our mate soon~." Raine purred. All anger gone from earlier. Damn. My wolf is bipolar.

"Let's... try not to think of that right now.." I responded to her as I blushed hard. Lucas looked at me curiously and chuckled.

"What are you thinking about, Emmy?" Lucas asked, watching me. My eyes widened as I blushed harder, shaking my head.

"Nope. Not saying. Let's go meet those pups, shall we?" I squeaked out, quickly walking out the door, not knowing which way to go. I hear Lucas chuckle once more right behind me before he grabbed my hand and spun me the other way.

"This way, Sweetheart." He said and started walking, taking the lead. I blushed even harder and followed behind him out the back door. There were young kids around the age four through twelve outside playing tag. "Guys! Come here for a sec!" All kids paused what they were doing, turning towards Lucas before squealing and running up to him. A young male kid came up to him and bowed in respect.

"Yes, Alpha?" He asked politely, looking up at Lucas. Lucas smiled at the young boy and held a hand out to me. I took it and walked up t stand beside Lucas, smiling at the kids.

"Guys, this is Emily, your new Luna. I'm hoping you will treat her with the same respect you do me unless told otherwise." Lucas said, making me go forward. I quickly moved a strand of hair out of my face before waving shyly at the kids.

"Hello, Luna. I'm Maxwell, also known as Max. It's a pleasure to meet you." Max, the young boy, said politely while bowing. I giggled slightly.

"Please, call me Emily."

"Alright, Lun- I mean Emily." Maxwell smiled. I felt a pull on my, well, Lucas' shirt. I looked and saw a pretty young girl with dark brown hair and hazel-red eyes. I bent down and smiled at the young girl.

"Luna, will you pway tag wif us?" The young girl asked, her eyes bright. I nodded and looked at all the rest of the kids.

"If that's okay with the rest of you." I said. All the kids smiled and nodded. They squealed and ran up and hugged me.

"Tag! You're it!" One of the kids had said. I giggled and looked around.

"I'll give you a ten second head start." I said. They all ran as I counted to ten. When I got to ten, I started slowly running after them.

Lucas' POV:

I smiled softly as I watched Emily run after the kids, tagging one of them before running off. I wa elbowed in the side. I turned and saw Axel standing there with a smirk on his face.

"Emily turned ya soft, aye?" Axel said, elbowing me again. I chuckled and elbowed him back.

"You understand how it feels to be in love. I'm just glad to finally have found her." I smiled while watching my queen run around in my clothes, playing tag with the kids. Axel laughed quietly and looked at me.

"You do realize you have to mark her and mate with her before not too long right?" Axel said. I nodded and Moon howled at the thought.

"Yeah. I know, but she's so vulnerable. So precious. Plus, you heard what happened to her at her old pack I want to make sure she's ready before any of that happens. She deserves that and so much more." I said, smiling down at my hands. She was my queen. My life. My everything. I made a mistake in the past, laying a hand on her and yelling at her but I don't plan on ever doing it again. I plan on treating my queen with the respect and the love that she deserves. I saw Axel nod and smile.

"That's good. You know, you've acted so different since you've met Emily. She's good for you and you better not lose her." He said, nodding in approval. I also nodded, agreeing with him. I feel a sudden bump in my chest, then quickly hid behind.

"Lucas. Help, they're going to get me." Emily squeals and grips my shirt. I chuckled as kids came up in front of me.

"Alpha, hand over the Luna and no one will get hurt." Bee, one of the little girls, said while smiling and giggling. I took Emily from behind my back and pushed her toward the kids. Her eyes widened as she started to run again.

"I will never forget this, Lucas!" She yelled as she ran. I busted out laughing at this. I was shocked when she became more outgoing around the kids but eventually got used to it. The look on her face, being so happy, just blew me away.

"Maybe we should get Kaylee to take her shopping so Emily can get some clothes of her own." Axel said. I nodded in agreement and got out my phone, starting to make a call.

**************************************************************

Hey guys! So, I'm starting to try and update as much as I can. What do you guys think so far? I know it's not the best but I'm trying. I don't know if I introduced Kaylee into the story yet so if I have, I'm sorry. It's been awhile since I went through the book but I don't think I have just yet.

What are your opinions on:

-Zion

-Lucas

-Axel

-Emily

-Vincent

What are your suggestions on how to make the book better or how to continue it?

Honestly, it's getting hard for me to come up with plots and settings and character development so if you guys have any suggestions or ideas, I'm so up for listening and possibly taking them and adding them to the story.

Thanks guys for being patient with me and I'm going to keep trying to write!

~Ryley~