Chapter 2:

"Mine!" The tall light brown-haired man growled. I gulped and closed my eyes, savoring the hug until it lasts. He's going to reject me when he finds out I'm mute.

    "Don't think like that, Emily..." Raine whimpered. Sad to say and think about it but it's true.

  "What do you want me to do? Like mom said, no one wants a weak, pathetic, mute mate." I replied, sadly. I pulled back from the hug and looked at the ground. The man hooked his hand under my chin and made me look at him. His eyes softened as he look at me.

    "Hey. Hey. Hey. What's wrong?" He asked, softly. I remained silent as I raise my hands to wipe the tears that have formed, away from my eyes.

  "Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" He asked. I shook my head no and he nodded in response

    "Well. Can you tell me your name then?" I shook my head no a second time. I nodded my head, gesturing to the fact that he and I was still naked. I pointed to my bag behind him. He looked at me then the bag like he was trying to solve a puzzle. He must've gotten the hint after a short period of time. He picked my bag up and handed it to me. I got out my brothers shirt that I usually wear to bed to keep him close to me. I put it on and it hung down to my knees. The man sighed and looked at me.

    "Well, my name is Lucas." I smiled slightly and nodded. I grabbed his arm and wrote 'Emily' with my finger. He didn't seem to understand at first until his eyes widened.  

  "Emily? That's your name?" He asked. I nodded, stiffly.

  "Beautiful..." The man, Lucas, cleared his throat and looked at me.

   "Could I ask you a question?" I nodded once again.

    "Are you mute?" I froze. Here it is... He's going to reject me.

  "He can't reject you if he doesn't have your last name, dumbass." Raine sarcastically said. I looked down in embarrassment, ignoring her remark as I feel the tears returning. I heard Raine sigh.

  "Listen. Em. It's going to be okay." Raine said once more. I shifted from foot to foot and slowly, ever so slightly nodded. I waited for pain to burn in my chest.

Lucas's POV:

  "Her wolf, Raine, told me that Emily thinks that we're going to reject her just because she's mute." Moon whimpered out. I stared at the beautiful girl in front of me. How could she think that?

    "Hey... It's okay... I'm not going to reject you or even judge you. That I can promise." I told her sincerely. When she looked up at me from under her lashes, I could feel my breath hitch in my throat. It was like everything in the world disappeared besides us two. Until someone cleared their throat, that is. Emily and I snapped our heads to the direction of the sound. We saw Axel standing there, looking uncomfortable. I glared at him and held onto Emily gently.

   "What?" I growled, still angry at him. He flinched at my glare. He knew that I was his best friend and I would never go all Alpha on him but my wolf was so angry at him for smacking our mate that it's kinda hard not to glare.

    "It's about time for us to go, Alpha." Axel had said. I lowered my glare and nodded. I turned and looked at Emily.

  "You ready to go home?" I asked her. She blushed and smiled softly while nodding.

   "Then let's go home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Ryley here! I just wanted to see how you guys like the book so far? How am I doing? If there's anything I can change, please let me know. Thank you for reading the book! It means a lot!
                             ~Ryley