Chapter 13:

Emily’s POV:

    I took a deep breath as we parked into the driveway. I would have to talk to him eventually about it. Kaylee popped the trunk as Kaylee and I got out, going to the trunk to get the bags and started bringing them in. Lucas and Zion were on the couch, playing video games when we came in. They looked over as their eyes widened when they saw all the bags in our hands. Kaylee disappeared out the door to grab all the other bags as I smiled sheepishly at the boys.

  “I think Kaylee got a little carried away with my first shopping experience.” I chuckled, watching as Kaylee came in with ten more bags, five on each arm.

   “Hell yeah I did. You’ve never been shopping before so I went all out with this.” She replied cheerfully, looking at all the bags while putting her hands on her hips. “And with my brother’s card and with Emily’s size, I believe I did a pretty damn good job.” I chuckled once more as Lucas smiled brightly. He clapped slowly as he got up from the couch, coming towards us and stopped right in front of me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. He pressed his lips against my forehead.

   “Damn right you did. How do you feel, baby girl?” Lucas asked me. I inhaled a deep breath and smiled.

   “Actually pretty nervous. I need to talk to you about something later.” I said, rubbing the back of my neck slightly before wrapping my arms around his neck, feeling confident enough to kiss his lips gently. He tensed up slightly before kissing me back and pulling back, looking at me concerned.

   “Did I do something wrong?” He asked. I shook my head quickly and looked up at him, smiling brightly.

   “No. It’s just not something that needs to be talked about publicly.” I replied. He nodded and wrapped his arms around me, pressing his lips to my forehead. “Well, shall we try to get all these bags out of the walk way?” He chuckled while nodding once more, picking up a few of the bags.

   “We can take them to my room.” He said, winking at me as my face flushed red. I giggle and nod, also picking up some of the bags and following him to his room, setting them down onto the floor as soon as I step foot into his room, relaxing my arms.

   “How the hell did Kaylee convince me to let her get all this..?” I groan out. I go back downstairs to get more bags.

*
*
*
*
*
*

  Finally, Lucas and I got the last bags up to his room. I sigh, shaking my head. “Never again am I letting Kaylee take me shopping.” Lucas chuckled and sat on his bed, patting next to him. I smiled softly, looking at him and went to sit down next to him and laid my head on his shoulder.

   “So what did you need to talk to me about, baby girl?” Lucas asked, kissing the top of my head. I blushed, remembering the topic I need to talk to him about.

   “S-So, um, w-we’ve known each other for a few weeks… a-and my heat should be making its appearance here soon… I just thought I should tell you.. S-since you’re my m-mate and everything… that I’m not ready to mate.” I say quietly, looking down. Lucas was quiet and I slightly glanced up for a moment to realize he was staring at me with a heated stare, his eyes switching from gold to his usual brown. I sucked in a breath as I awaited his reaction. They finally stopped at his normal brown.

   “That’s okay, Emmy. I won’t force you into something you don’t want to do.” He said, wrapping his arms around me as he held me close to him. I nodded and closed my eyes. I knew the sun was about to set.

   “Can I go get ready for bed..?” I asked softly, not really wanting to move.

   “Of course, darling. You can use my bathroom and take a shower. Afterwards, we can cuddle and go to bed.” I nodded at the response and slowly opened my eyes, rubbing them while yawning and getting up to go shower. I dug through one of the bags, getting out a pair of blue pajama shorts Kaylee found along with a black tank. I went into his bathroom and sighed remembering I forgot my new shampoo and conditioner. I walked out of the bathroom, running my hands through my hair. I stopped in my tracks. Lucas was stripping off his shirt, throwing it in the dirty clothes hamper, along with his jeans. I bit my lip, nervously watching him as I felt heat rise into my cheeks. Raine howled in joy and I could feel her running around in circles at the sight. I watched as he smirked, turning his head to look at me.