Chapter 10

Zeref's POV
I moved silently through Fairy Tail in the shadows trying to find Natsu but he didn't seem to be there. I looked around and saw a short white haired girl looking at me. I quickly left the guild wondering if she would tell the others about seeing me. As I cursed under my breath, I went away back into my hiding spot. I looked up at the deer prancing around. It sickened me how they are so peaceful while the real world is a bad place with bad people. I lifted my hand towards the family of deer and shot them with magic that would destroy the world if I wanted. But I didn't. I watched as the deer looked up frightened, then collapsed to the ground no longer breathing. 'Dead ' I thought. Death is the only thing that can bring peace, not love, not family, only Death. I drifted off looking up at the sky. 'Soon brother. Soon it will be your turn to rise and rule the world as I once did. Soon it will be your turn to kill Etherious Natsu Dragneel.'
Natsu's POV
I felt a chill go down my spine. Happy and I looked every where for that damn book. If that book gets destroyed, I could die or worse. I shuddered thinking about what I could do to my friends. "Natsu" I heard Happy talk to me. "What happens if you lose control?" He looked worried. I looked up at him with a grim look on my face. "I don't know Happy." He looked down. "All I know is that I could hurt a lot of people. Even kill them." Happy's expression showed worry, sadness, and fear. I grabbed the blue exceed into a hug. "But if I lose control I promise that I will fight. I will fight until the end you got that Happy?" I whispered to him. He nodded before burrowing his little head into my neck crying. He fell asleep after a while and I looked at him. He was so happy and peaceful in his sleep. My eyes filled with tears as I looked at a picture on the wall of all of Fairy Tails members smiling and having the time of their lives. A tear slipped and landed on the table. I wiped my eyes and looked outside. 'If I try to hurt someone, please kill me everyone.' I picked up Happy and made my way towards Lucy's house knowing that she would let me sleep at her house. I landed though her window onto the floor next to her bed. She looked peaceful on her bed so I took Happy and slept on the couch for the night. 'Goodnight Happy, Lucy.' And I fell into sleep.