Chapter 6- Stuck In The Friendzone Again And Again

We were greeted by a crowd of angry or worried people at the door. 

 Ok, not really a crowd. It was just Wes, Drew, and Jasper.

"Oh my gosh, Quinn, thank god you're ok." Whispered Jasper, engulfing me in a giant hug. 

"Keaton, I told you to keep an eye on her and tell us when she wakes up." Said Drew, glaring at us. Keaton rolled his eyes. "She didn't want to see you guys." Was his curt response. Wesley put a hand on Drew's shoulder. "Dude. Just let it go. They're both back, they're both safe." He turned to me, one hand fiddling with the hem of his tank top nervously. "There's pizza, fries, and drinks in the kitchen if you're hungry." He said, giving me a small smile.

I shrugged. "Nah, I'm g-" I was cut off by my stomach rumbling, and he chuckled. "I'll get you two slices and a can of Fanta, could you wait in the basement? If you're not too tired now, think we need to talk." I nodded, and made my way to the basement. 

I sat in a random chair, looking around at all the awards on the shelves, tapping my fingers on the edge of the chair nervously. The door opened, and Carly and Wesley emerged from the stairs. Wesley handed me my food. "Thanks, Wes." He just gave me a tight-lipped smile in response. They all sat down around the table, setting down their own food. 

"So." Said Wes, awkwardly.

"Can you guys just start from the beginning?" I asked. Carly sighed. "That woud probably be best."

"It started when I went after you in Australia. I brought Carly along, because she wanted to check out some campuses there." He paused to take a sip of his drink, and continued. "I finally found you when you and Luke went to that coffee shop. I wasn't expecting to find you, but I did anyways." I remembered that day as clear as day. I remembered that day down to the smallest moments, to the coffee incident, to the photo war. To seeing Wesley's face everywhere, those minutes spent without the memory of him looming around in my mind.

"I saw you two together, and just wanted to give right up. I texted Carly and asked if we could leave tonight. I got jealous for just about two seconds, but then I realised you were happy with him. You weren't scared of him like you sometimes were with me, I'd heard of him and he's a good guy." I nodded at hime to continue, but instead, Carly spoke up. "I told him that I didn't pay a thousand dollars to look at some stupid buildings. You weren't the type to just date someone after a day of knowing them. What you guys had before me, before the plane incident was real. You guys let it go, because Wesley was still fixing himself, and you were torn between helping him, and building your future."

"The words all came out wrong at the club. After seeing you at the cafe, I lost that boost of confidence, forgot what I was going to say, and all my thoughts just tumbled out. I screwed up, I was only supposed to ask for forgiveness, and a chance to be civil to each other and start from the beginning. I got pissed at myself, and got shitfaced, since I knew that I'd just lost you. Making a fool of myself was the least of my worries." Wesley now had his face in his hands. His elbows were propped up against his legs, and he looked so vulnerable. "Management made Carly and I date, to make the situation look less messed up to the public eye."

Suprisingly enough, Carly spoke. "That announcement screwed you up. In around mid February, you were still in this trance. So Milo called Wesley." She sighed, running a hand through her hair. This was getting interesting. "Wes told Milo that it was as bad for him as it was for you. He got loads of hate, Quinn. So he told Milo to get your mind off him, while he'd try to get himself together. So he called up the boys from the Janoskians to spend more time with you, partially to get your mind thinking of other things, and partially to get away from some Alexa girl." I let out a  snicker. This was actually a pretty well thought out plan. Carly fiddled with her fingers.